Booktype Issue

Darnun

Hi All,

Firstly, I absolutely love IMG Burn and find it has never let me down, until now....well kind of.

I am running XP X64 with SP2 and running the latest version of IMG Burn.

I have a Liteon DH4B1S Bluray Burner.

I am trying to burn a dual layer Verbatim DVD with a 8gb ISO file. As I need to play this in my PS3 (It's an 8gb MKV file converted to Bluray), I have to change the booktype on DVD+R DL to DVD ROM, so the PS3 boots it ok.

I have successfully done this once but now, when I try to change booktype I get the following message, no matter what type of media I choose: (Attachment shows error)

It's basically saying that the booktype is Unknown and FAILED.!!!!!

Any ideas would be great. Oh and my drive has the latest Liteon firmware too.

Thanks

post-16936-1233837082_thumb.jpg

It's an AM2 board. ASUS MN32SLI board

The crazy thing is, this wasn't a problem about two weeks ago.

I have successfully burnt this DVD DL for my mate and now I want to burn one for me.

Under booktype, I can go in to some burner makes and choose different and in some others I can't.

If I can't get this working then I will have to resort to the likes of Nero I suppose but even that's not great anymore and not a scratch on IMG

MN32SLI doesn't google very well but it looks like you have an NVIDIA 590 chipset or something?

Their drivers are buggy and return bogus error codes to ImgBurn.

Switch the I/O interface to something else and it should then work ok.

I've worked around their problem in the next release of ImgBurn so it won't matter after that and you can go back on the recommended SPTI I/O interface.

Sorry it's an M2N32-SLI Deluxe to be exact. Tried changing the I/O to something else and it tells me that it can't find the relevant files eg the ASPI etc etc.

Downloading these aspi drivers is not good for XP SP2 as they are only meant for 98/me. THey will conflict with the aspi layer in XP, according to their websites.

So, still no luck.

None of them work. The only make that allows me to change the booktype is BenQ. All the others do the same.

As for the drive doing it automatically then you may be right, I don't know.

The official Liteon tool screenshot is attached. That's with a dvd in the drive.

The annoying thing is, I have already done the burn in IMG successfully, just after I got the drive.!!!!

post-16936-1233848612_thumb.jpg

The liteon tab is the only one you should be playing with.

Do you have another machine you could try the drive in? One with an intel chipset if possible!

Have you tried googling the drive model and 'booktype' ?

Maybe someone on another forum has mention booktyping with that drive in one way or another - maybe a review of the drive covers it?

Bizarre. I have come across a website that thoroughly tests the drive and it initially says it can read DVD ROM but not write it but then further down, it shows results of burning a dvd-rom. God knows.!!!

Have run Nero DiscSpeed 5 and it shows the booktype on the DVD R DL

post-16936-1233849946_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.