Unrecovered Read Error

Crangdo

I've been backing up the movies in my collection for the past year without any problems at all. I've always used Sony DVD-R 16X 4.7 GB discs and have made probably over 100 successful backups. I've always had the write speed at AUTO (MAX) and have always used DVDFab, FixVTS and DVD Shrink prior to ImgBurn. The last three ISOs I've tried to write have been interrupted at about 90% into the verification with this error:

________________________________________________________________________________

I/O Error!

Device: [3:0:0] SONY DVD RW AW - G170A 1.62 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 1E 38 50 00 00 01 00

Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 1980496

Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 1E 38 50 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

________________________________________________________________________________

I've browsed some of the other posts with this problem and see a switch to Verbatim suggested. I thought I'd post a log anyway in case some of you that know more than I do can see something else that might be the problem. The last attempt I changed the write speed to 4x and ended up with the same result. Any help is appreciated.

I 20:40:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:40:32 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:40:32 Total Physical Memory: 916,844 KB - Available: 348,548 KB

I 20:40:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:40:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:40:32 Found 1 DVD

The issue might be that the flash goes wrong, but it can be so also with 'official' updaters. I never had a flash go wrong with Optiarc stuff and I through the years I have flashed my various burners many times - only with a Lite-On I have had a bad flash and that one could be fixed to life again with another update.

Okay, I tried to use a cleaning disc and the drive doesn't recognize it. I put in a regular audio CD and the drive doesn't recognize that either. No matter what disc I insert the drive says that it's some CD called "Midnight Run" by the Mystery Lady, which I've never heard of in my life.

As for the bin file it says that Windows can't open it because it doesn't know what program created it. I'm very confused and have no idea what I'm doing in the first place, but as of now it appears I can't use my drive at all as it doesn't recognize any disc I insert into it.

Download the 'Win32 GUI' version of Binflash.

Extract the .zip file and then start the program 'NECWinFlash.exe'. Select your burner in the drop-down menu and then press the button 'Flash' and browse to your previously downloaded .bin file. Then it should start the flashing. Restart the compute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.