Imgburn failure on Win7

litz

Having problems under Windows 7 (the 7000 beta).

Imgburn simply fails - it sees devices, but will not burn anything to any device.

I've tried multiple brands of drives and media, and multiple methods of connection (direct IDE, SATA, USB, Firewire) -- all fail.

The error message is exactly the same no matter what I try.

The example below is what I get (just alter your device connection for the other attempts) :

I 14:09:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:09:08 Media Center Edition (6.1, Build 7000)

I 14:09:08 Total Physical Memory: 3,537,352 KB - Available: 2,827,200 KB

I 14:09:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:10:15 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:10:15 Found 1 DVD

Litz;

Any ideas?

Always... :thumbup:

I 14:13:01 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Absolute crappy material.

Try some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs (Made in Singapore) and see if there isn't a difference.

Your system is messing up the error codes and that's why it's not working as it should do.

Is your drive on an nvidia controller by any chance?

Asus P5-GZMX ... good ol' Intel chipset.

Nvidia graphics card, though.

The same exact hardware configuration (with imgburn) works perfectly under XP.

- litz

I 14:13:01 Destination Device: [0:0:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1620 B7W9 (G:) (1394)

Your system is reporting that the drive is on a 1394 (firewire) interface?!

Something isn't quite right there... you might want to double check the drivers are all working properly.

I've tried builds 7000 and 7048 via vmware and it's been fine for me.

I 14:13:01 Destination Device: [0:0:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1620 B7W9 (G:) (1394)

Your system is reporting that the drive is on a 1394 (firewire) interface?!

Something isn't quite right there... you might want to double check the drivers are all working properly.

I've tried builds 7000 and 7048 via vmware and it's been fine for me.

That particular log file was with it on a 1394 external enclosure.

I see the same issue with a USB external enclosure, and with the drive connected directly to an IDE port on the Asus motherboard.

The log files are identical with the other connections; it just so happens the 1394 log was the one I pasted in the opening post.

The only difference is just the location of the drive is different.

All of the above options work when I boot the system in XP SP3, and select the same version of Imgburn to attempt a burn.

As to the above comment about the "crap media" -- the media is not at fault.

As stated in my opening post, this problem occurs no matter what kind of media is used, and no matter what type of connection is used to connect the BenQ to the PC.

And as stated, none of the problems occur when the same exact hardware configuration is booted in XP SP3.

- litz

I'd like to see the log when the drive is connected properly to the Intel PATA controller via a nice 80 wire cable with the drive set to 'master' and positioned at the end of the cable.

Soon as the drive is finished burning this 7048 disc (after having to move it to another PC, since I didn't want to reboot the Win7 box again) I'll see about giving that a whirl.

However, I can tell you right now, it's a waste of time and effort.

I've already previously done that, and I got the same exact error where it failed on sectors 0-31 and then went downhill from there.

As I've already state (twice) - I get the SAME ERROR whether the drive is connected to the PATA port, a USB enclsoure, OR a 1394 enclosure.

The logfiles also are (as stated twice already) identical - except for drive location - no matter where the drive is connected.

- litz

I'd like to see the log when the drive is connected properly to the Intel PATA controller via a nice 80 wire cable with the drive set to 'master' and positioned at the end of the cable.

As noted before, the same thing has been tried before with the same results :

I 17:22:11 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 17:22:11 Media Center Edition (6.1, Build 7000)

I 17:22:11 Total Physical Memory: 3,537,352 KB - Available: 2,827,200 KB

I 17:22:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:23:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:23:18 Found 1 DVD

Windows 7 - x86 - Build 7000

I 22:48:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.11 Beta started!

I 22:48:18 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (6.1, Build 7000)

I 22:48:18 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,332 KB - Available: 697,540 KB

I 22:48:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:48:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:48:18 Found 1 DVD

When you try 7048, please do make sure ImgBurn is the first and only thing you put on after the basic OS install.

Did a fresh 7048 install, and same exact issue, same exact symptoms, same exact results.

The log is identical to above, or I'd post it. Happens with USB, 1394, and direct connect PATA.

Any more ideas?

- litz

Give the Nero WNASPI32.DLL a shot along with changing the I/O interface to ASPI.

Nogo with that either.

And, as before, the SAME EXACT HARDWARE with the SAME EXACT MEDIA burns perfectly when running XP.

This is very frustrating - there is no reason this shouldn't work.

Has anyone gotten imgburn working on Windows 7 on a real machine, not a virtual session?

- litz

Give the Nero WNASPI32.DLL a shot along with changing the I/O interface to ASPI.

Nogo with that either.

And, as before, the SAME EXACT HARDWARE with the SAME EXACT MEDIA burns perfectly when running XP.

This is very frustrating - there is no reason this shouldn't work.

Has anyone gotten imgburn working on Windows 7 on a real machine, not a virtual session?

- litz

Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 build 7000 natively and Imgburn works perfectly. For some reason Windows 7 seems to detect the DVD drive I have as a USB or something though because after I'm done burning something, it says, It is now safe to remove the hardware. Idk why it does that, never did it in XP, but I have no real problems. So, I can confirm that Windows 7 works fine with Imgburn. And if needed, I have a NEC DVD+r/w drive and have tested a successful burn with Philips cd-r media. Hope this helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.