I/O Error - Write Error

Bloodsent

Burning image using Samsung 203N with latest firmware and Verbatim 2.4x DL media. I am beginning to think it is the drive, but wanted to at least check with the experts first.

Almost halfway through a burn, I get the following error:

I 00:20:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:20:10 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 00:20:10 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,272 KB - Available: 1,851,116 KB

I 00:20:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:20:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:20:12 Found 1 DVD

You might find that drive does a better job of burning that media at 4x rather than 2.4x.

Well, I burned a disk at AUTO, and it burned at 4x. The disc completed, but was essentially unreadable. I will try another disc. Maybe I have a bad batch of discs?

AUTO means nothing (or rather it means 'MAX') if you don't configure the 'Automatic Write Speed' feature.

Make sure you verify your burns by ticking the 'Verify' box.

When you've done that, post a log of the complete burn+verify operation.

I will switch it to 4x to be sure, and post a log of the burn+verify and let you know.

Thanks LIGHTNING.

AUTO means nothing (or rather it means 'MAX') if you don't configure the 'Automatic Write Speed' feature.

Make sure you verify your burns by ticking the 'Verify' box.

When you've done that, post a log of the complete burn+verify operation.

I will switch it to 4x to be sure, and post a log of the burn+verify and let you know.

Thanks LIGHTNING.

No Success. Another burn, this time at 4X netted the original results:

I 06:58:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 06:58:18 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 06:58:18 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,272 KB - Available: 1,238,764 KB

I 06:58:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 06:58:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 06:58:18 Found 1 DVD

Ok so you didn't even get to the verify stage that time.

Maybe it is just your discs. See if you can get hold of another MKM-001-00 spindle made in Singapore from an online store.

That or perhaps invest in another drive - there's probably not a lot of difference in price! The Pioneer DVR-216 seems to make pretty decent burns on that media. I just burnt one in mine on 2.4x and it gave me a 99.60% quality score in the PIPO scan (using a LiteOn iHAS422) in DVDInfoPro.

Ok so you didn't even get to the verify stage that time.

Maybe it is just your discs. See if you can get hold of another MKM-001-00 spindle made in Singapore from an online store.

That or perhaps invest in another drive - there's probably not a lot of difference in price! The Pioneer DVR-216 seems to make pretty decent burns on that media. I just burnt one in mine on 2.4x and it gave me a 99.60% quality score in the PIPO scan (using a LiteOn iHAS422) in DVDInfoPro.

Yeah, it is probably cheaper to pick up a replacement drive than another spindle. I will go the Pioneer route. Thanks for the help LIGHTNING.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.