Problem with 2.4.3, LH-20A1H LL0D, Memorex DVD+R DL

IceRider

I believe ImgBurn 2.4.3 has a new problem with my LiteOn LH-20A1H with firmware LL0D burning double-layer DVDs on Memorex 8x media. With 2.4.2 I got 100% success rate burning double-layer DVDs, but today I upgraded to 2.4.3 and produced 4 coasters in a row. I uninstalled 2.4.3 and reinstalled 2.4.2 and I'm back to 100% success rate.

Let me know what other information I can provide. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to save the log. If necessary I can sacrifice another DVD+R DL if that would be valuable. I have no other DVD+R DL media to cross-compare.

I burned an entire Spindle (10) of Memorex 8x DVD+R DL in the last 2 days without problems

And that goes to the point of the issue with media. Due to the extensive testing done here and at many other sites devoted to burning/media/quality we can correctly say that Memorex, along with several other brands, are crap. You were lucky wnough to get 10/10 this time, look aroung the forum and add up the hundreds of posts where users settled for 4-5/10 w/the same media. We recommend Verbs and TY's for a reason, they make their own product and use their own proprietary dye, unlikr Memorex who have someone else make them and then put their name on them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.