I/O Error!

zes

OK I've this problem.

When I'm trying to burn a dual layer Maxell disc I got this strange error:

33ubmti.jpg

DVD recorder: PIONEER DVR-216D

Firmware:1.09 11th November, 2008 DVR-216D_FW109EU2.EXE

Here is the log:

I 00:10:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 00:10:21 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 00:10:21 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.532 KB - Available: 1.566.200 KB

I 00:10:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:10:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:10:22 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD

Edited by zes

If your friends have the exact same discs (media code/package) and burner/firmware, it could be something with the SATA channels on your computer - but usually you get crappy burns even on single layer media.

So any real support....cause I think Verbatim quote is ridiculous... :whistling:

Honestly, do you think we give a crap about that?

We do this all day long and we have found that the biggest problem with burns failing is caused by shit media like yours. The remaining causes are pretty much firmware, aging/dirty burners, sata/pata incompatibilities, bad drivers, shitty external drive chips, 40 instead of 80 wire cables, crappy operating systems, bad power supplies and users that think they know more than we do.

If you're coming in here for help, aparently it's not beacuse yuou know more than us, so take the advice given and change your crap media to what we recommend and then we can eliminate at least one of the meriad problems you may have.

edit: second again..... :teehee:

Ok so I've succesfully burned 4 phillips Dual Layer discs with my LG and I bought a Pioneer just yesterday that couldn't burn phillips nor maxell is that making sense to you?

Yes it does.

Post a log from the newly failed burns and then hopefully we can see what the problem is with the new drive. Just making anecdotal comments doesn't supply us with the firm data that we need to be able to assess problems.

The fact that your drive burns a few of a particular disc does not mean you have solved the problem as inferior discs have a tendency to delaminate, rot, over time and all data is lost that was stored on them. Check our media/drive section for media type and drive assessments and you will see that a lot of prep goes into what we do here.

Ok so I've succesfully burned 4 phillips Dual Layer discs with my LG and I bought a Pioneer just yesterday that couldn't burn phillips nor maxell is that making sense to you?

To be blunt, if we tell you that your media is shit - then it's shit. We've been supporting people like you for years and damned near every fucking problem we see here is directly related to shit media like yours.

There's a reason Lightning and the beta testers only use Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media. It's not because we get freebies thrown at us by either of these companies. Although, given the amount of business we've sent their way in the last 6 or 7 years, it would certainly justify any kickbacks we got, which we don't. These two are the ONLY consistently good media you can get. Everything else is crap. End of story. The fact that you were able to burn your Phillips media in the first place isn't totally unexpected. Some work and some don't. Of your successes, being able to put them back into a DVD-ROM in a few weeks or months and actually being able to read it is a different story.

At the end of the day, we don't have any problems. You do. Your magical appearance here suggests as much.

You have two (2) options available to you.

1. Learn from those who actually know what they're talking about.

or

2. Ignore the advice you receive here and continue having problems.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.