Creating an Audio CD from FLAC files?

dbminter

I'm trying to create an Audio CD from FLAC files.  ImgBurn said that all 4 files either needed a DirectShow filter installed or that they might be corrupt.

How would I know what DirectShow filters to install and where would I get them?  :unsure:

Here's the relevant information:

E 14:06:11 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!
E 14:06:11 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.
E 14:06:11 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

Edited by dbminter

In general, you shouldn't convert from Flac to MP3 (and then to CD-DA) That kinda defeats the purpose of Flac! It's meant to be lossless. Get madFlac installed and working ;) For any 24 bit lossless files that DirectShow can't convert automatically, save them as 16 bit Wave files in your conversion tool.

I'm not really interested in it being lossless or not.  :)  FLAC was simply the delivery method.  I'm perfectly happy with MP3, as long as I set the settings to make it the highest possible and CBR.

But, I'll install madFlac.

I can remember the ancient 1997 days when I had to go completely out of Windows and use a DOS utility to rip CD's to WAV and then back into Windows and run a Windows app to convert the WAV to MP3.   I couldn't rip to WAV except completely out of Windows into DOS.  :angry:  And I didn't have an app yet that ripped directly to MP3 until MusicMatch Jukebox.  MMJ was actually the first piece of software I ever bought a license for online. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.