ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

About burning simulation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rado84

rado84

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

Today I ran a simulation because I wanted to see what it does (never used that one in any program before) and I got a disc wasted because it was finalized. While the simulation was running, the log window read there was an option "burn-proof" activated which suggests no data will be written on the disc. The disc was empty after that and yet it was finalized. That is why I'm suggesting for you to add one more option - "finalize-proof" which will prevent the finalization of the disc after the simulation is completed. Thus people like me who were just curious won't have their discs wasted.

NSmPtBf.png

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

You're confusing options and program modes.

'Test Mode' is the simulation option and finalising a disc whilst test mode is active doesn't waste a disc.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 ianymaty

ianymaty

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:56 AM

Oh, the "burn-proof" is not what you think it is. Is the acronym of Buffer Under Run-Proof.

Read here what it is for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_underrun

You should not live in the past anymore!

Current supported version: ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 Get it while it's current!

Also, visit the site of: FIRMWARE HQ for drive update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users