Batch burn for folders?

Ch3vr0n

I have a simple question. I have 34 different DVD folders on my HDD that need to be burned to discs (they each contain a valid full dvd structure that's different). It seems like there's a "batch" mode for burning iso's to disc, but not for burning folders to discs. How do i achieve what i want?

Eg:

Drag the 34 root folders into IMGburn, when it's done burning the first => eject => Wait for new disc => Burn next folder

Can you elaborate how? They all reside in the same folder. I'd love it if you could add that function in the next version (hopefully soon released). Would be kind of redundant to first turn them into iso's and then burn those iso's in batch with imgburn

I have little to no experience with commandline. My imgburn is pretty much configured to no prompts. Just need something simple to burn one folder after another. Deleting source and stuff I'll do that myself. Maybe you can add batch burn folders in the next version. Seems like I'm not the only one that would like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one :)

If you copy and paste the following into a notepad and then save it as something like 'batchbuild.bat', it should do the trick.

@for /d %%i in (*.*) do ""%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDINPUTMODE STANDARD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE DEVICE /SRC "%%i\" /DEST "E:" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /UDFREVISION "1.02" /VOLUMELABEL "%%i" /ROOTFOLDER YES /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSESUCCESS /EJECT YES /WAITFORMEDIA
You'll just need to adjust the '/DEST' parameter so it matches the drive letter of your burner.

If you aren't burning DVD Video folders, you can adjust the /FILESYSTEM and /UDFREVISION parameters to suit - or leave them out so it uses the GUI defaults / whatever the program thinks it should use.

Same goes for the /VOLUMELABEL one. At the moment it'll use the name of the folder. If you want it to use whatever the program generates / suggests, omit that parameter.

So if you're happy with your current (pretty much automated) ImgBurn settings, perhaps try the following instead...

@for /d %%i in (*.*) do "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDINPUTMODE STANDARD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE DEVICE /SRC "%%i\" /DEST "E:" /START /CLOSESUCCESS /EJECT YES /WAITFORMEDIA
You'd save this batch file in the folder containing your 34 folders to burn (and only those 34 folders) and just run it. It'll eject the disc when it's done and then open another instance waiting for another disc to burn the next one. Just insert the next disc, close the tray and it'll start burning automatically.

I'll give it a try. IMGBurn has been setup to if it detects DVD content to auto set the revision to 1.02 without prompting :) Same for BD content. Don't need to match volume label as it should use the folder name which is exactly what i want :) So think option 2 is for me

Just a quick update. Looks like that 2nd one is doing exactly what i wanted. Insert disc, burn, eject, wait for next, burn... Though it looks like that /DEST "E:" paramater is "flexible". I copied it AS IS and forgot it was there and just executed. I've got 3 optical drives, G:\ H:\ and I:\ (C-F are internal harddrives). G:\ and H:\ were empty at the time and only I:\ had a blank disc in it. ImgBurn went straight to the I:\ with a blank disc in it, despite the "/dest E:" parameter and started burning. No error whatsoever for an impossible destination drive.

Maybe it's because the last drive ImgBurn had used (through manual burn via GUI, it was still set to I:\)

Edited by Ch3vr0n

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.