ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn stealing focus at completion

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wing Commander

Wing Commander

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

I am on Windows 7 using ImgBurn 2.5.8.0.

I prefer to run ImgBurn in the background while I'm working on something else.

ImgBurn has been stealing focus when discs finish burning, minimizing my current application and forcing itself as the active application. I need this to stop.

I don't mind a bell or chime in the background when ImgBurn finishes a disc, but talking me away from my work is too much.

I've looked around the settings, but can find nothing to stop the behavior.

Older version of the software did not steal focus.

Can someone help me out?

Edited by Wing Commander, 26 July 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#2 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

That's odd.  On my setup, it doesn't ALWAYS steal focus when the completion window comes up.  It does occasionally but it's more often than not that it doesn't.

Focus seems to a weird thing.  It's sort of like apps where some versions can remember to keep windows maximized when you maximize them and some versions don't.

#3 Wing Commander

Wing Commander

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

From my reading, software authors are supposed to ensure their software does not behave this way. Previously, with Windows XP, users could tweak the registry to stop this behavior. Today, we rely on quality programming.

#4 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, focus seems to be a persistent issue.  For instance, Macrium Reflect is always stealing focus when it finishes a backup.  Annoys me.  And sometimes focus should be stolen and isn't!  For instance, starting with Windows 8, Windows Explorer dialogs for file copying and "errors" or things like files already existing don't steal focus when they should.  In fact, they sometimes don't even flash the system tray icon to let you know there's an error!  :rolleyes:

#5 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,162 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

Windows actually implemented something to stop this from happening. It's meant to flash the taskbar button if an app is trying to get your attention.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633539(v=vs.85).aspx
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users