ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Can ImgBurn queue the burning of different file folders?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eisenb11

eisenb11

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Hi there,

Been a long time user of ImgBurn, but always used it in a sequential manner. I'm trying to figure out if I can automate the burning of multiple folders? Let me explain in more detail what I'm trying to do:

The old way:

I separate the files that I'm backing up into separate folders (i.e. f1, f2, f3) that fit onto a BD-R. I then launch ImgBurn, select that I want to burn files to disc, drag over the folder (say f1), press burn... and repeat for each folder. This takes forever because I wait until I have about 30 BD-Rs worth of files before getting around to doing the burning.

What I have:

I bought a Nimbie BD duplicator. Great little device... except the software is abysmal. The app that I'm using crashes constantly, is a pain to queue up jobs (the creator has no concept of GUI usability), and when the app eventually freezes, it's queue manager is buggy and not actually able to process queued items (it just burns a few megs then creates a coaster while claiming success) so I have I have to create the queue manually again using the terrible GUI only for it to crash again later and repeat this process each time... aaargh!

What I'd like:

I'd like to go back to using ImgBurn because I loved using it. I noticed that it supports the Nimbie, but as far as I can tell, the only way I can automate a build is to pre-convert everything into ISO files (this will take forever) or just have it make a bunch of copies of a single ISO file.

Is there to batch up jobs like I did in the old way when I used to select files? So I could just do that 30 times, hit go and let ImgBurn burn the 30 discs?

Thanks for the help.

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

There's no batch functionality for Build mode, no.

You should in theory be able to do it via a batch file though.

Take a look at this, it may help.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24425-batch-burn-for-folders/
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 eisenb11

eisenb11

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thanks LUK. I did some digging and found the README.TXT file. Lots of nice command line options in there.

In the end, I decided to invest a few hours and whipped up a quick win forms application to automate the whole job generation / file organization accounting stuff, then it calls ImgBurn through the command line for each job so I can skip the ISO file creation step.

Should work (in theory) and I believe this should also drive the Nimbie. Haven't actually tried running it yet, l'll give it a test run tonight or tomorrow most likely!

Thanks again.

There's no batch functionality for Build mode, no.

You should in theory be able to do it via a batch file though.

Take a look at this, it may help.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24425-batch-burn-for-folders/

Edited by eisenb11, 09 October 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#4 eisenb11

eisenb11

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:11 AM

My app works like a charm. Thanks for implementing such a great array of command line options!

Edited by eisenb11, 10 October 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#5 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

care to share tha app. I'd love to test new stuff :) i wonder if it's better than my batch file :)

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users