ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Burning standard Blu Ray disc. Not data disc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ksnaterse

ksnaterse

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:17 AM

Keeps burning data disc for some reason...

I need the disc to be able to play in blu ray players

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,277 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

Baring in mind ImgBurn doesn't convert anything, you need to feed a proper bd video file/folder structure into it in order for the disc to come out as a bd video disc.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Technically, every disc is a data disc.  It's how the hardware recognizes the format of the data that determines whether it will play it.  Stick any Blu-Ray movie disc in a PC BD drive and open it in Windows/File Explorer, and you'll see a file and folder structure.

Actually, I think audio CD's aren't data discs, now that I consider it.  If you insert a music CD into a PC drive, I think Windows/File Explorer will only recognize it as an audio CD.  You can create multi-track (I think it's a separate track.) for data on a music CD that Windows/File Explorer will recognize as data.  But, traditional audio CD's played on a stand alone audio CD player aren't data discs because they were created like 35 years ago.

As LUK said, the folder (I keep forgetting its name.) that stores the actual video streams, may not be authored correctly.  Or the job settings that created the image were not correct for BD Video.

Could also be that your Blu-Ray player doesn't like that particular BD disc brand you burned to.  Is this your first time burning BD Video or have you done it before and it's suddenly started making discs that don't play?

Edited by dbminter, 18 October 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#4 ksnaterse

ksnaterse

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:11 AM

Ok thanks I'll try to run it though Encore first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users