ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

[Help] Burning in RAW mode

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alisondmurray

alisondmurray

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Is there a facility for burning CDs in RAW mode? I have seen that you can scan CDs in RAW, but what about burning them, please? 

Edited by alisondmurray, 09 April 2018 - 09:22 AM.

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

No, ImgBurn only supports the normal SAO/DAO and TAO modes for CD.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hmm seems we're more than a few interested in RAW CD burn support in ImgBurn.

LIGHTNING, just out of curiosity, what is your rationale for not wanting to implement this burning mode?

Is it philosophical? Is it to protect ImgBurn from possible legal issues somehow? (I remember the switch from DVD Drecrypter to ImgBurn..)

Here I just would love to get rid of Alcohol 120% that I solely use for the "Playstation" burning profile (basically RAW DAO burning I believe).

Since ImgBurn covers 99% of my burning needs (and then some), I find it just silly to have another soft/drivers installed for that one missing feature.

RAW DAO is needed to burn certain images with intentional mastering errors (so they are not auto-corrected on the fly by the burner), I believe.

rawdao.png

#4 TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:53 PM

Any thoughts LIGHTNING..?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users