Jump to content
BernieC

Direct show timeout error

Recommended Posts

This is odd -- latest version of imgburn on a win7/pro system.   I've created dozens of cue sheets [and then burned the audio disks] with imgburn.   But I bought an album from Amazon yesterday and I get direct-show errors with it. I checked the forums and all the problems with codecs and such seem to be from a decade ago [and with XP  :o)].    I just double checked against an album I had previously made a cue from and it worked without a problem.  What can be wrong/different about the new .mp3 files to give the direct show stuff a problem.

ImgBurn.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right click one of the problem files once you've added it within the 'Create CUE File' feature/window. Pick the option to display the directshow filter list (if it lets you) and let me know what it says please. There must just be something weird in the file that your filters can't cope with. Removing the (ID3 etc) tags sometimes solves issues like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also try converting the MP3's to FLAC's and see if you can import the FLAC's properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I'm thinking.   I can scan the mp3tabs [and compare them with the corresponding tags in a similar file from Amazon] and see if I spot something awry.   I had to do this once before: little known fact.  Windows Media Player 9 can't play an mp3 with embedded cover art!  I've attached the mp3 tags.  I wonder if the problem is that they're too long.

 

 

filterlist.PNG.53e7de78c853cf248217404d94418120.PNG

 

mp3tag.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ithought it might be that the mp3 tags were so long [that cut really has a 70 char title], so I looked at the next cut and it was pretty vanilla.  I'll see if I can find something to conve3rt to FLAC and try that.

 

 

argyll.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a flac converter.   My 7.5 meg mp3 file turned into a 44meg FLAC  file [!].   Got a different error this time though

filter.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may need to install madFLAC to get FLAC supported.  I had to to get FLAC's to work with ImgBurn.  Others report they didn't need to install madFLAC, but it's something you can look into.

 

Check this guide:

In the second post, there's a link to the madFLAC package.  Just run the .BAT file to get it configured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that the sonic hd demuxer was being used by DirectShow makes me think there is something the system doesn’t like about them.

Take a copy of a problem file and totally remove the tag. Then see if you get the same filter list / it works correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bingo!  I didn't fully understand your comment, so I just deleted *all* the tags and now it processes just fine.   Which tag do you think was the problem?  Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Footnote -- I should have taken my own advice [in the meta-comment I made about WMP and cover art].  Given the success of removing all of the tags, I went back and tried removing the tags one at a time.  I tried the cover-art first and it was the one -- something can't process the huge cover art mp3 tag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah so I guess the cover art is what made the system try and use the sonic hd demuxer filter (built in filters couldn't handle the cover art) and that same filter is probably what caused the issue with it not actually processing the file/data.

Glad you found a workaround. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.