Verifying Sectors Error

masterpkg

Hi. Recently Just bought a new LG GE 20 usb dvd burner last month.I Have be able to burn about 20 to 30 disc successfully. but now sometimes when burning a disc i get these kinds of errors when verify the disc (log file below) ... I always use verbitam disc..also when i started using this burner i used the auto burn speed which was set for " max"..... but recently change that to 8x because i notice that 2 bottom buffer would lower while burning. I try defragment the hard drive but still get these error on some disc.and also don't use any other programs while burn even go as far as shutdown zone alarm fire and other processes.. also check the firmware but wasn't able to find any update on one for this drive..do i have to lower the burn speed to better get results ???? Can anybody give me some suggest to try and fix this... THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME

I 14:20:57 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:20:57 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:20:57 Total Physical Memory: 785,772 KB - Available: 379,592 KB

W 14:20:57 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 14:20:57 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:20:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:20:57 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD+RW and 1 DVD

Edited by masterpkg

You did verify against the image file yeah? (otherwise it just checks the disc is physically readable).

It could be corruption of some sort on the bus, try a new USB cable.

You could also give memtest a quick go incase it's related to memory errors - although I doubt it with that many errors in a sector.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.