Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pumplewis

io error

Recommended Posts

I am getting an io error. It says

 

Scsi status 0x0.02

Interpritation check condition

cdb 2a 00 00 00 02 40 00 00 20 00

Interpritation: write (10) Sectors 576-607

Interpritation: Power Calibration Area is full

 

I am using Memorex DVD-R.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please post the log from that burn (look in ImgBurn's Help menu).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 12:33:44 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 12:33:44 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:33:44 Total Physical Memory: 1,824,840 KB - Available: 1,282,236 KB

I 12:33:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:33:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:33:44 Found 1 DVD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update ImgBurn to the latest version. Try flashing the latest firmware on your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). If this doesn't solve your problem, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks (the 8x ones preferably). If that still doesn't work, buy a new burner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have answered my own question here..... My friend just let me try one of his discs (the same kind I was using) and it worked. Does it make sence that I have a bad batch of discs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the Disc ID of the media he gave you? It's shown in the log like this:

I 12:36:21 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

This RITEKF1 dye is crap :&

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because you are using Memorex and your friend gave you a Memorex disc does not mean that they are the same.

Your memorex is labeled as Disc ID: RITEKF1.

What does the disc that your friend gave you say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks for the help I will try and find an updated firmware. If that doesnt work I will buy a new burner. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to find an update for my benq dw 822a but cant get anything, The link above will not open. Does anyone have an update for my firmware that will open and work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link. I updated the firmware and my burner appeared to start burning however it did so vey slow. It took about 6 hours lol... I had the speed set at 8x. I think this burner is out of date and ready for the garbage lol. I will stop tortureing myself and buy a new one. Thats got to be the problem............Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That could have been a (very bad!) DMA problem.

 

Before you splash out on a new drive (which you're over due for anyway), just try removing the controller entries from ide / atapi devices in Device manager as per the FAQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to my system manager and found it was already set to dma (automatic) in the ide controllers branch. I also set my 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'. It still does the same thing when I try and burn. It is very SLOW...... It takes about 6 hours and when its done the same error comes up as I mentioned at the start of this post. The disc obviously wont work either. I aso have found that since I updated my firmware that when I try and burn my computer becomes increadably slow. Almost to the point where I cant use it. I think it is the burner but if you have another idea for me to try I am all for it! anything to save a buck lol. Thanks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to my system manager and found it was already set to dma (automatic) in the ide controllers branch. I also set my 'Transfer Length' option to 'Manual' instead of 'Automatic' and put it on '32 KB' instead of '64 KB'. It still does the same thing when I try and burn. It is very SLOW...... It takes about 6 hours and when its done the same error comes up as I mentioned at the start of this post. The disc obviously wont work either. I aso have found that since I updated my firmware that when I try and burn my computer becomes increadably slow. Almost to the point where I cant use it. I think it is the burner but if you have another idea for me to try I am all for it! anything to save a buck lol. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you read the FAQ properly it says that you cannot rely on what windows says. That's actually the main problem.

 

Remove the controllers like I said please and put the transfer length back on automatic and 32k too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.