Audio CD

riahc3

Indeed, copying an Audio CD is no different to copying any other type of disc.

It's just Read mode and then Write mode.

If your burnt disc came out blank then you probably had 'Test Mode' (which tells the drive not to turn the laser on) enabled - and that's your fault I'm afraid!

Indeed, copying an Audio CD is no different to copying any other type of disc.

It's just Read mode and then Write mode.

If your burnt disc came out blank then you probably had 'Test Mode' (which tells the drive not to turn the laser on) enabled - and that's your fault I'm afraid!

Hi Lightning,

I don't know why but I did the exact same burn procedure today and this time the same CD that I used before did burn & verify OK. I had not set 'Test Mode' in my previous try yesterday but the CD did not burn. It was as if the test mode flag in the software was somehow set by a ghost.

I had not used ImgBurn since my last failed burn attempt yesterday. When I opened ImgBurn today, 'Test Mode' was unchecked. Wouldn't that confirm that 'Test Mode' was not set yesterday when the burn completed successfully but the CD ended up being blank? (The burn attempt yesterday was without verify checked since I was in a rush to leave the house and wanted to play the CD in the car while driving).

Although all of the functions are in ImgBurn to make a backup copy of an audio CD, I still think it would be a good thing to post as a sticky guide to save other newbies hours of Google searching for a step-by-step procedure like I did and was still unsuccessful in finding one. For instance I thought that the file on the HDD would be an .ISO and had to learn that the files created were actually a .BIN and a .CUE. But of course it's your program and your call. I'll respect your decision either way since you're making ImgBurn free for us to use so in no way should anyone complain!!!

Raptor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.