Play sound even if CLOSESUCCESS set

XrX ca

It would be nice if it were possible to have the success sound play if CLOSESUCCESS is set on the command line.

My main data server generates a a number DVD images when a full backup is done (currently at 7) and it creates a .cmd file to burn two copies of all those images, I tend to be doing other things and forget about the disks unless the system makes a noise, I got around it for the moment by adding SNDREC32 command to my script ie:

@ECHO OFF

TITLE Server Backup DVD Burning Script

C:\PROGRA~1\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe /MODE ISOWRITE /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA /VERIFY YES /DELETEIMAGE NO /SRC \\DATASRV\DVD$\1.iso

START /MIN SNDREC32.EXE /PLAY /CLOSE C:\PROGRA~1\ImgBurn\Sounds\Success.wav

C:\PROGRA~1\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe /MODE ISOWRITE /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA /VERIFY YES /DELETEIMAGE YES /SRC \\DATASRV\DVD$\1.iso

START /MIN SNDREC32.EXE /PLAY /CLOSE C:\PROGRA~1\ImgBurn\Sounds\Success.wav

DEL \\DATASRV\DVD$\Burn_Backup.cmd

I would queue the files up in IMGBURN, but delete image doesn't seem to work correctly if multiple copies are set in the queue.

This is one of those things I really couldn't please everyone with.

In the end, I made the decision that if the program is about to close (i.e. queue is empty and program is set to close when everything is 'done'), it won't display any 'Finished!' type messages or play the sounds.

This request might make it into the 1.4.0.0 version but it won't be in 1.3.0.0.

It will of course be optional so as not to annoy people who prefer the silence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.