Slow start of 2.5.1.0

mumdigau

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.5.0.0 to 2.5.1.0. When I now start ImgBurn it takes more than 60 sec before the start screen shows up. Under 2.5.0.0 the start screen came immediately. What is curious, the start time as being presented in the log is the time when the start screen comes up. I really don't know what happens during the first 60 seconds.

I deinstalled ImgBurn, rebooted, and made a freh install of 2.5.1.0, but that didn't change anything. I noticed in the log that ImgBurn complains about not being able to check for Updates. So I set my firewall to learning mode in order to prevent any blocking from Internet, but that didn't help, I then disabled updating in Settings.

BTW, this only happens under Windows XP Pro SP3, in both systems - main and test system. Under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ImgBurn starts normally.

Any help highly appreciated.

Best regards

mumdigau

Probably related to AV scanning. During that first minute, it won't be ImgBurn that's using your CPU cycles - check in task manager.

If it continues to be a problem you can decompress the ImgBurn.exe file using same UPX program I used to compress it.

http://upx.sourceforge.net/

Yeah, it's AV scanning. Strange that behaviour is so different between NOD32 32-bit (Win XP) and NOD32 64-bit (Win 7).

I added ImgBurn.exe to the exclusion list of NOD32. Now the 60 sec are gone. Thanks for help!

Best regards

mumdigau

Can you reproduce this issue every time?

I ask this because I've been trying to get to the bottom of it for ages now but no sooner has someone reported it than they've done a runner, never to be seen again.

I can add in lots of debug code to try and work out exactly which command the OS takes so long to process but I need someone that actually has the issue (i.e. YOU!)

Can you reproduce this issue every time?

I ask this because I've been trying to get to the bottom of it for ages now but no sooner has someone reported it than they've done a runner, never to be seen again.

I can add in lots of debug code to try and work out exactly which command the OS takes so long to process but I need someone that actually has the issue (i.e. YOU!)

Yes, this happens all the time. It started some time ago. Until then, everything was OK. There are continously changes in the system (software upgrades etc.), so I couldn't relate this to a specific change.

You should have my email address, so you can send me the debug version. Don't forget to explain how to activate the debug code if it isn't already activated.

mumdigau

Edited by mumdigau

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.