ImgBurn launch failure/Win 7 64-bit issue?

ellusian

Having problem w/ new install of latest ImgBurn under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Running on quad-core xeon Mac Pro workstation under Boot Camp, btw.

Unable to get ImgBurn to launch, esp trying to run the app in conjunction w/ BD-Rebuilder (beta)...had great success for months on same hardware under XP Pro 32-bit.

I've set it to 'run as admin', did an uninstall and fresh reinstall to see if that helped. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Downloaded the file, replaced the installed .exe w/ the file you link to and still only get a flash of the app window before it shuts down. Turned off UAC and my antivirus (Bitdefender). Am I missing something?

Thx

UPDATE--Success!!!

My bad, I went back and checked my anti-virus, and though I'd turned it off, I guess I hadn't hit "apply". Doh! Now the app launches...going to do a test burn now. Thanks a lot!

UPDATE #2 -- FAIL!

So, if I turn off my anti-virus and AnyDVD, I can launch ImgBurn. But the linking/launching from within BD-Rebuilder for burning revised Bluray structures still fails, as if it is encountering a similar issue (flashes a window for a half-second and gives a failure notice). Did this with the ImgBurn app already launched as well. Any ideas?

Again, this same software combo is all running fine on the same hardware under a dual-boot of XP Pro 32-bit (just not nearly as fast as its running under Parallels, and not able to take advantage of 64-bit calls/addt'l memory).

Edited by ellusian

UPDATE #2 -- FAIL!

So, if I turn off my anti-virus and AnyDVD, I can launch ImgBurn. But the linking/launching from within BD-Rebuilder for burning revised Bluray structures still fails, as if it is encountering a similar issue (flashes a window for a half-second and gives a failure notice). Did this with the ImgBurn app already launched as well. Any ideas?

Again, this same software combo is all running fine on the same hardware under a dual-boot of XP Pro 32-bit (just not nearly as fast as its running under Parallels, and not able to take advantage of 64-bit calls/addt'l memory).

Update #2B - Partial Success, the Question Remains...

So, as a test, I took the Blu-ray folder created by BD-Rebuilder and initiated a burn manually in ImgBurn. Worked like a charm. So, the thing going wonky is launching ImgBurn from within BD-Rebuilder. I posted on the Doom9 site and 'jdobbs' said he couldn't think of anything else to try as they didn't have the same prob [in Win 7 pro 64-bit]. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could try? I have a workaround, but something is obviously amiss and smells like a permissions/security issue, which is the big gotcha it seems in Win7.

Thanks! Throw me some bones--PLEASE!

Edited by ellusian

Do you only have one copy of ImgBurn on your hdd?

You shouldn't have any problems with the un-upx'd version of ImgBurn.exe.

If an app keeps terminating ImgBurn without actually telling you, I suggest you look for an alternative for that app!

If you suspect a certain piece of software is causing the issue, try looking in its log files to see if you can figure out why it's doing it.

Check event viewer too to see if anything gets listed in there.

OS permission/security issues wouldn't make ImgBurn terminate how it's doing (well, except for DEP).

Do you only have one copy of ImgBurn on your hdd?

You shouldn't have any problems with the un-upx'd version of ImgBurn.exe.

If an app keeps terminating ImgBurn without actually telling you, I suggest you look for an alternative for that app!

If you suspect a certain piece of software is causing the issue, try looking in its log files to see if you can figure out why it's doing it.

Check event viewer too to see if anything gets listed in there.

OS permission/security issues wouldn't make ImgBurn terminate how it's doing (well, except for DEP).

Thanks for the tips. I'm wondering if I don't have a couple of copies of ImgBurn on the machine. The upx'd version is installed in the Programs folder, but perhaps BD-Rebuilder is attempting to launch a copy of the other executable I have sitting in a folder on my desktop? I'll check that first.

Then, if that doesn't prove to be it--I'll look into the event viewer and see what I find.

Hmm--I bet its something simple, but altogether unpredictably so :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.