Jump to content

Erratic IBG graph


bestdeal
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I just updated to v1.3 and it seems like everytime when I burn an image, the IBG graph just doesn't match the actual writing speed. But it only happens on every first burn as I start up the machine. All subsequent burns are fine.

 

I am using Pioneer DVR-110D v1.39 with TYG02 media. As you know, 8x speed is being done as Z-CLV, but the graph is showing 8x CLV instead which is impossible. I was looking at the speed showing on ImgBurn during the process and confirmed that it started at 6x and switched to 4x at about 400MB. However, the graph is showing 8x all across.

 

post-3468-1153583111_thumb.jpg

 

I've never seen this problem before with v1.2

 

Below is the subsequent burn which appears to be fine in terms of reporting the actual writing speed

 

post-3468-1153584010_thumb.jpg

 

Please advise.

 

Thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really tell anything from the graph, you have to look at the raw data.

 

I suspect your machine just has inaccurate timings and so where it's supposed to wait 100ms, some of them are a fair amount above that.

 

That will have the effect of some samples showing a low transfer rate and and others a very high one.

 

DVDInfoPro also averages the raw data out. Flick to the 'Sampled' mode (by clicking on the 'Averaged' button) and you can move the slider to see all the differences.

 

There should certainly be no difference between the graphs depending on if it's the first / second / third burn etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really tell anything from the graph, you have to look at the raw data.

 

I suspect your machine just has inaccurate timings and so where it's supposed to wait 100ms, some of them are a fair amount above that.

 

That will have the effect of some samples showing a low transfer rate and and others a very high one.

 

DVDInfoPro also averages the raw data out. Flick to the 'Sampled' mode (by clicking on the 'Averaged' button) and you can move the slider to see all the differences.

 

There should certainly be no difference between the graphs depending on if it's the first / second / third burn etc.

 

Nothing has been changed on my machine except updating IMGBURN to ver 1.3. I don't understand how that could affect the timing of my machine.

 

I just uninstalled v1.3 and re-install with v1.2. The graph turned out to be fine again. Has there anything been changed ever since v1.2 in regarding IBG graphing ?

 

Thx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I switched back to v1.2 ever since I encountered those strange IBG graphs. After I've read your last reply, I was trying to get you the IBG file of the erratic graph. And I uninstalled v1.2 in order to do a clean install of v1.3. Guess what, the graph turns out to be fine again. I guess it would be a good idea to uninstall the old version first before installing a newer version of ImgBurn.

 

Will keep you post if I encounter the problem again.

 

 

Thanks. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That IBG file is missing sample data for the first 400mb of the burn.

 

No wonder the start of the graph looks weird, DVDInfoPro has nothing to plot! lol

 

From the IBG I can see that the CPU % Usage information is missing. This can happen on non english versions of Windows, or on old versions. What OS are you actually running?

I think because of those things, there is perhaps some delay in starting the thread that logs the info - the CPU stuff is initialised before any 'capturing' actually takes place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That IBG file is missing sample data for the first 400mb of the burn.

 

No wonder the start of the graph looks weird, DVDInfoPro has nothing to plot! lol

 

From the IBG I can see that the CPU % Usage information is missing. This can happen on non english versions of Windows, or on old versions. What OS are you actually running?

I think because of those things, there is perhaps some delay in starting the thread that logs the info - the CPU stuff is initialised before any 'capturing' actually takes place.

 

I am using English version of Windows XP Pro SP2. Can this delay be fixed ?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really?!

 

I wonder why the cpu stuff isn't working then!

 

 

Assuming it IS caused by the counter initialisation, yes I've moved that stuff around a bit now so that once the thread is resumed, it'll only do the same stuff 1.2 did (i.e. no cpu counter initialisation!). That should fix the delay issues you're having.

 

That said, to burn 400mb before it captures anything, it must be one hell of a delay! You might notice the pause elsewhere instead now.

 

In order to figure out why the cpu% usage counter isn't working could you just do something quickly for me please... ?

 

Click start -> run and type 'perfmon.msc' (without the quotes).

Then click ok.

 

The screen that comes up should have 3 lines / graphs being plotted.

 

Just right click that screen and hit properties.

 

Then take a screenshot of the 'System Monitor Properties' window that pops up.

 

I'm interested to see what your item is called for '\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time' (which is what I have).

 

Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some reason, the "processor" object was disabled together with some other OS performance objects. I just have them enabled. It seems like the graph is getting back to normal (plus I got CPU and buffer plots, too).

 

Hopefully, that should have resolved the problem.

 

Thanks

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.