TSSTcorp CDDVD SH-S202J SB03 won't read disc

dr_ml422

I checked out the domain, according to the whois records the domain didn't just expire (causing it to go into quarantine), it's point blank entirely inactive. Domain is offline completely, not linked to a server or hosting.

There's only 1 DNS record left (a SOA one, not enough for an active domain)

DNS Records for btrack.club

Hostname Type TTL Priority Content
btrack.club SOA 59 ns1.dns.nic.club hostmaster@neustar.biz 1598694981 900 900 604800 60

Neustar.biz did some dealing with them.

But I urge you to (if you can), skip PayPal entirely. The chances of getting a refund that way are close to none. Do a chargeback NOW, it'll hurt them right where they don't want it. A successful chargeback not only restores your spent funds, it costs EXTRA on top of the refund for the party that's getting the chargeback.

Too many of those can severely cripple one's reputation with payment service providers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally agree with Chv3rOn. Skip PayPal and go directly to your bank. They'll take care of it pronto! Some people I know swear by PayPal,  though I never did. Ebay neither. Take your time. Shop around. There are some really good burners out there besides LG. I only use mine to read as I posted earlier. :)

• 9 months later...

Long time no post.

Well, I decided to give ASUS another try since they had updated the firmware for their BW-16D1HT to 3.10.  While they fixed the previous deal killer I was aware of, there was ANOTHER deal killer that makes the drive useless.  It does not properly write to MKM Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+R DL!  :rolleyes:  It fails Verify on Layer 0 just before the layer change or on Layer 1 just after the layer change.  These errors are always indicative of firmware incorrectly burning DL discs.

ASUS did fix the fatal error of destroying DVD+RW discs on burning unformatted discs.  I sent my drives back 2 years ago upon this fatal error, not testing beyond that.  Now, I know.

Well, yet another tech support case that will go nowhere.  I will tell ASUS what needs to be done; they won't do it.

On the LG front, they may have addressed a fatal error with Verbatim MCC DataLife Plus DVD-R with firmware 1.03.  I've not played the disc yet to make sure it doesn't playback with skips, as it used to do before finally just fatally giving up the ghost attempting to write to these discs.  :o

Screenshot 2021-06-16 160424.jpg

Hey how's everything? How's everyone been, including admin? Hope as fine as can be under the circumstances. This Cuomo opened NYS totally and it was hectic just walking around. Otn,

I still have my LG Super Multi DVD Writer GH24 which I usually use for reading as it's still pinned to DVD-R book type. I also still have my Skin USB LiteOn which is still going strong. My writing drive is the Piodata which you can check out here along with other writing tools etc.

https://www.runtechmedia.com/

Check it out and if you want give their DVD or Blu-ray discs a try. They carry quality goods compared to current name brand items.

Unfortunately, I had 3 health issues.  December 1st, I was admitted to the hospital with what turned out to be afib.  A week later, I was diagnosed with COVID.  I was actually having symptoms while in the hospital, but they were so mild, I thought I just had a cold.  The entire time, it was COVID.  I was lucky.  I only had mild cold like symptoms.  I caught it from my mother, who was also lucky.  She was 70 at the time and while she had it worse than I did, still it could have been worse for her.  She wasn't admitted to the hospital or anything.  Lastly, I was put on a CPAP machine because people with heart issues often times have sleep disorders.  Turned out my test revealed I was stopping breathing 50 times an hour in my sleep.

I need a BD burner, but I didn't know, last time I looked, that this RunTech media place offered one.  And it's USB to boot.  I wonder what burner is actually inside the enclosure?  Plus, what is RunTech's return policy?  I don't want to plunk down $150 for something I may have to return if it cannot properly burn certain media just to find they don't accept returns for those reasons.

I was looking for somewhere that sold DataLife Plus Verbatim DVD+RW.  I don't like that they're inkjet printable, though, but that's not a deal killer.

Hm, unfortunately, I cannot use that RunTech USB BD burner.  The orientation of the drive inside the unit is wrong.  Every other USB drive I've ever had had the drive oriented inside the enclosure so the drive tray is open facing to the left.  This one on RunTech is facing to the right.  On my desktop, the only place for a USB optical drive is on the far right side of the desk where my equipment is.  With a drive facing to the right, it is too cumbersome to put media into it that way.

And, of course, I get the run around from ASUS tech support, as I knew I would.  I gave them all the pertinent information necessary and they ask stupid things.  First, they tell me to try a different application when it's NOT an application issue, as I told them.  Then they told me to test other discs and make sure they work, which I TOLD them DVD-R and 2 different types of DVD+RW work fine.  Then they direct me to a product page for EXTERNAL drives when the issue is with an INTERNAL and want me to make sure the disc is supported when there is NO list of supported media on their site!  Are they asking me if DVD+R DL is supported?  I wouldn't be asking if it weren't!  If it weren't, the drive wouldn't have attempted to write to them!

• 3 weeks later...

I think my USB Slim LiteOn opens to the right as well. Since it's a slim I just laid it down on top of my Tower which has 2 USB ports on there. Whoever is dealing with Piodata is a solid company. You're not going to get any run arounds from them. I take chances with companies etc... that sound honest and even look honest online. I even dabble with refurbished stuff sometimes as it's been put through the ringer, and at times is better than the original as when they warrant a cellphone.

Glad you're doing fine now. Everyone reacts differently to the COVID-19. A relative of a friend couldn't handle it mentally and after she got better was sent to Bellevue.

Funny thing was I felt worse with side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine than I did with the actual COVID!  I was down for a day with severe cold like symptoms, much worse than the ones I had with the actual COVID.  Plus a bout of really bad shakes for like 30 minutes about 12 hours after injection.

• 5 months later...

@dbminter Hi long time. I'm just hanging in there with all this new Omicron Variant nonsense. 

I have an issue. I keep getting Device- Initialise0 Failed!

Device: [0:0:0]. TEAC DV-28S-Y F.4A (DD:) (SATA)

This drive will not be visible in the program.

I tried giving it sharing privileges and still got this message. Do you have the cure? Thanks! Hope all is well.

Well, I've had 2 NS60's die on me.  One was older; forget the age of the other, but I'd just purchase one to replace the first dead one a month ago.  Waiting on LG to get back to me, but they rarely respond at Christmas time.  Have to keep pestering them into the new year when drives die around Christmas.

Waiting to try out Pioneer's 213 line which I've heard might be released soon.  It's hard to get 212 lines because it seems they've stopped manufacturing those.  Which lends more credence to a 213 model coming out soon.  While I fully expect Pioneer will not have addressed the old Ritek 8x DVD+RW issue, which they haven't for years, they may have no problem with the Imation Ritek 8x DVD+RW they currently make.

While I don't have a cure for your problem, I am taken aback by one thing.  I can see why a drive with TWO drive letters in its drive letter designation might be problematic.  I've never seen that before.

Looks like I fixed it for now. Must of been a loose cable. My PC is not Windows 11 ready. That's ok. I'm not going to sweat that right now. Just got it and it's doing just fine. 

Oh, I thought you had copied and pasted it from the log rather than typed it out.

Well, let's start with the basics.  ImgBurn may not recognize the drive connected, so we've got to start with checking if Windows detects it.  Does it show up as a drive letter in Windows/File Explorer?  If it doesn't, that's the reason why ImgBurn doesn't detect it because Windows doesn't.  If it does show up in Windows, try changing your Interface.  In Settings and Tools, under /IO Page 1, try selecting the different Interface options and see if that helps.

I once had a cable modem that eventually needed replacing because every time I moved my mouse, it vibrated the desk area where the modem was standing.  The cable port was apparently going bad and each movement of the mouse caused the modem to disconnect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.