PS1 game won't back up

PSChris113

Hello
I having little problem with backing up with this game for the PS1 called "Alien Trilogy" and been like this since last week. I wanted to back it up to a .Bin and .Cue so i can play on my "Playstation Classic". During the process the disk keep getting stuck at "Analyzing... Session 2 Track 2", even after leaving the pc for few hours. 
Is there some kind of protection going on in the disk? Is there something way to back it up?

Kind regards
Chris

Img info.PNG

And it may be that ImgBurn simply can't image that PS disc.  I have one in my collection, Mega Man 8, that ImgBurn simply can't image.  I had to use Alcohol 120%, which I believe there was a free version, to image that particular game.

So Alcohol 120% is not a fluid but literally a program?
So how so i use it? will it work it to transfer the file to my "Playstation Classic" mini?  

edited:
I am trying out the Alcohol 120% and it giving me error read disk at 107518 and onwards. 
Yeah it's something about this game that making it trouble some to copy. :S
Report text on Alco120
https://paste.ee/p/vkyZG

Alco 120 report.PNG

Edited by PSChris113
updating the issue

Could be the disc has gone bad over the years.  Best let LUK see if he can glean anything from reading the debug logs provided.

I don't know how the Playstation Classic works.  I don't know what it imports, like what file types.  ISO?

It's weird that is doing like this. The disk itself is in "mint" condition, not a single scratch. Guess any disk based format just decomposed it self over time. 
With the PlayStation classic do take the similar ISO files when rip it using the "ImgBurn" but before hand, the console need to be Software hacked with a USB. 
After that success it just need to extract and transfer the file of the game "me ripping them" to a specific folder, then set up the USB on the console. 
Its been successful so far with my collection of games I have on my shelf, except for this Alien game I have  on my shelf.

I looked, but it wasn't really long enough.

What I could see is that it was going ok until it tried to get the subchannel info for sector 107657, at which point your drive must have been struggling to read the disc and started returning info for totally different sectors. It was also taking 5 or so seconds to return said info. There was probably something else going on behind the scenes, but can't see that without an additional I/O Debug mode log.

Not to worry now though... you know the disc is essentially unreadable.

It might be worth trying it in another drive if you have access to one. Some are better readers than others.

I've got one of these:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/460958/Verbatim-External-Slimline-CD-And-DVD/

It is a slim line, but it seems to be better than most slim drives.  I've not used them to test reading PS CD's, though.

My main burner is a half height BD drive I put in an external enclosure.  The BD drive is an LG WH16NS60 and the enclosure is a VanTech USB 3.0, since BD needs that.  You can probably get by with a USB 2.x enclosure.  However, it's been like a decade since I last bought an internal DVD drive, so I don't know what's good in that field or not.

Again Thank you for looking into this. I will try asking someone to help using there computer and see if it is the same result I might find another copy and see if the same there. At the moment I bought 4 new ps1 games and used ImgBurn and they pulled trough.
I get back into this topic again and see if i get any luck with that Alien Trilogy game.

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards 
Chris 

Edited by PSChris113
miss spelling

I think I know what have been the problem. 
Rest of the games I have ripped usual make 1 bin file with ImgBurn, But the Alien have many bin and they are split from each other as there own. 
Maybe what it making fuzz on while trying to ripping it?

Kind regards
Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.