Layer Break Preview in write mode

Sliztzan

Hi and thanks for ImgBurn :)

I've tried viewing layer breaks with a mounted ISO in write mode. After clicking to preview the selected layer break the window dims (goes to background) and the EXE loads but does not preview. I have also tried this without the image mounted just by selecting to view the layer break info with the mds file. Neither works. The only way it works for me is in the build mode by selecting the video ts folder on the mounted drive. Seems weird because thats what it should be doing from the write mode once layer break viewing is selected? Thanks for your help!

No problem here... any chance of a screenshot of the LB + preview windows clearly visible?

The preview window does not display, yet the imgburnpreview.exe process is running in the task manager. I have the image mounted and selected to "Display IFO Layer Break Information". I've attached a screenshot. Oh, and as a reminder I can go to build mode and drag the video_ts folder from the drive the image is mounted to into IB and preview the layer breaks fine. Thank you!

P.S. This doesn't happen with ALL images.

post-8312-1203552255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sliztzan

Tested a few different ISO images and also have this problem with one of them. Process Explorer says that ImgBurnPreview.exe has no visible windows, yet it uses processing power as if it is decoding/playing. Changing Don't Limit Frames Per Second or Don't Use DirectDraw Overlays in the Settings makes no difference. I've tried by going to Tools/ISO/Display IFO Layer Break Information.

I got the same problem here. But the preview window showed up after around 45 seconds after hitting the red cross thing in the upper right corner. Always worked before. :o

I'm on Vista.

Edit: It takes around 25 seconds before the preview window shows up. Before it came up faster than Speedy Gonzales.

My ISO file is created in ImgBurn.

Edit II: One attempt resulted that after 10 minutes I had to kill the process/program.

080221a.png

The thing we seems to have in common is that the "Start time" is zero in both ours cases.

The ISO is from an episodic DVD.

Tried to create the ISO from another program - but that gave me this window when I tried to load the ISO in the option "Main Menu -> IFO Layer Break Info".

080221b.png

Who? Me? No - it's a bug in the preview window drawing, I would think. It's absolutely reproducible 100%.

What's interesting is that the Preview thread goes from very high CPU usage (like it's trying to display) to 0 (I guess the "display" has finished).

Regards

Just a thought, but I wonder if it has anything to do with some DVDs that aren't seekable with PowerDVD. Which I posted in another forum (CD Freaks/DVDFab). Navigation Slider not operational in Power DVD.

Hello,

I always keep the protection settings the same in the options which are set to install defaults with the exception that I keep the option to remove the layer break turned off. The problem I have is that after a Full Disc rip, with some of the DVD's, I cannot use the Navigational Slider in PowerDVD to move the movie forward and backwards by moving with the mouse. I have to use the FF and RR buttons which are much slower than if I want to jump towards the end of the movie using the slider.

I don't know why it only works with some of the DVD's I rip and not others. I always test the functionality of the Full DVD rip by playing the movie from my hard drive with Power DVD before I burn. Can you tell me if this can be fixed?

Reply from blutach:

This happens if the timemap is incorrect or the PGC is not one-sequential.

Try rebuilding the timemaps with PgcEdit.

Regards

Edited by Sliztzan

Checked with PgcEdit and there are wrong time maps in my test files.

Ran the fix - but the only change was that the LBA was changed but other than that - the window looked the same and the preview took ages to start.

080221d.png

Time Map tables

DVD: "G:/TEST/VIDEO_TS"

DVD-TEXT General Name: ""

Provider ID: ""

Number of VTS: 4

-------------------- VTS 1 --------------------

4 VTS_TMAP tables defined in VTS_TMAPTI for 4 PGCs.

VTST 1 , 1 TTN 1 (45:39) Title 1 (sequential title)

1368 x 2 seconds = 45:36 ; ********** WARNING! **********

VTST 1 , 2 TTN 2 (44:23) Title 2 (sequential title)

1330 x 2 seconds = 44:20 ; ********** WARNING! **********

VTST 1 , 3 TTN 3 (44:21) Title 3 (sequential title)

1329 x 2 seconds = 44:18 ; ********** WARNING! **********

VTST 1 , 4 TTN 4 (44:54) Title 4 (sequential title)

1346 x 2 seconds = 44:52

-------------------- VTS 2 --------------------

2 VTS_TMAP tables defined in VTS_TMAPTI for 2 PGCs.

VTST 2 , 1 TTN 1 (0:24) Title 5 (sequential title)

23 x 1 seconds = 0:23

VTST 2 , 2 TTN 2 (0:24) Title 6 (sequential title)

23 x 1 seconds = 0:23

-------------------- VTS 3 --------------------

2 VTS_TMAP tables defined in VTS_TMAPTI for 2 PGCs.

VTST 3 , 1 TTN 1 (0:11) Title 7 (sequential title)

10 x 1 seconds = 0:10

VTST 3 , 2 TTN 2 (0:11) Title 8 (sequential title)

10 x 1 seconds = 0:10

-------------------- VTS 4 --------------------

1 VTS_TMAP tables defined in VTS_TMAPTI for 1 PGCs.

VTST 4 , 1 TTN 1 (0:14) Title 9 (sequential title)

13 x 1 seconds = 0:13

------------------- Summary -------------------

VTST 1 , 1 TTN 1 (45:39) Title 1: Wrong TMAP duration

VTST 1 , 2 TTN 2 (44:23) Title 2: Wrong TMAP duration

VTST 1 , 3 TTN 3 (44:21) Title 3: Wrong TMAP duration

Time maps should not be not relevant here. They are simply a x-ref between the display time and sectors and are used to seek to a specific time on the disk. As I explained to Sliztzan on CDF, players will not correctly seek if the timemap is wrong or if the PGC is not one sequential. However, what's happening here is that the window isn't being displyed at all.

Regards

Hi and thanks for ImgBurn :)

I've tried viewing layer breaks with a mounted ISO in write mode. After clicking to preview the selected layer break the window dims (goes to background) and the EXE loads but does not preview. I have also tried this without the image mounted just by selecting to view the layer break info with the mds file. Neither works. The only way it works for me is in the build mode by selecting the video ts folder on the mounted drive. Seems weird because thats what it should be doing from the write mode once layer break viewing is selected? Thanks for your help!

That has happend on some images for me with all versions of Imgburn that had the LB selection and preview capability. I would estimate it happens in 1 out of 5 burns. To regain control of the LB selection window, I have gotten in the habit of bringing up the task manager and killing the ImgBurnPreview.exe process, which allows me to close the LB selection screen properly.

Since I could see the hard drive was being accessed, a few times I just waited and eventually the preview screen did pop up, but it took a couple minutes. So, it seems that some images may take longer to "parse" to get to the selected point.

fordman

imgburnlbwin.png

All right, what is the constant factor on the three screenshots we have in this post? Can you spot it? ;)

All of them have the layer break at the middle of the ISO image. Could that be the problem?

If that were the issue then we shouldn't be able to preview the layer break in build mode should we? But we can.

Edited by Sliztzan

When you say it's loading but not displaying, where in task manager is it visible?

Just on the 'Processes' tab or on the 'Applications' tab too?

The next time you notice it's not popping up, take a quick visit to the temp folder and grab a copy of the ini file passed to the previewer exe.

Then have a go at calling it yourself from a command prompt window and see if it does the same thing.

i.e.

ImgBurnPreview.exe "ImgBurn_Preview.ini"

Also, when it doesn't work for a given image, will it never work no matter how many times you terminate + retry it?

If that were the issue then we shouldn't be able to preview the layer break in build mode should we? But we can.

In Build mode, ImgBurnPreview.exe is reading from the IFO/BUP/VOB files themselves, while in Write mode (and Tools/ISO/Display IFO Layer Break Information), ImgBurnPreview.exe is reading directly from the ISO image, parsing the filesystem and then reading the sectors pertaining to the IFO/BUP/VOB files. At least that's how I think it does! :lol:

Only shows up in the 'Processes' tab.

When that command is issued only an empty play back window shows up. More or less as you had started the .exe on its own.

Edit: Did a new test. This time using the function "Open with" and then selecting the preview.exe. It takes ages to get it to start up and play the cell. But it plays it. It will start faster if I change the process priority to highest or realtime. But still takes up to a minute to get it to play/show up.

[imgBurnPreview]

VOBFileName=J:\TEST.iso

NumCells=1

StartCell=1

DAR=4

Scale=75

PGCTitle=VTS_01, PGC 3, Chapter 1, Cell 1 (00:00:00)

DefaultFileName=C:\Users\Cynthia\AppData\Local\Temp\ImgBurn_Preview.ini

CellNumber=1

StartPlay=1

StartSize=0

ShowInfo=0

AutoLocate=500

NoOverlay=1

RealTimePlayback=1

AutoQuit=false

SleepOnSingleFrame=3000

MinDisplayTime=2000

ThisID=54928

[CellStartEnds]

1=1 1941184 1993834

Adding to what cynthia said, this is how it looks like:

imgburnpreview.pngimgburnprevieew.png

Clicking Play doesn't do anything. By the way, this shows in Task Manager as another ImgBurnPreview.exe process and doesn't use any CPU time.

//edit: This happens because we provided simply ImgBurn_Preview.ini as argument. If you provide a full path or relative path to ImgBurn_Preview.ini the process starts hidden and uses CPU time just like when started by ImgBurn.

I read your note that you duplicated the problem, so this is just to give you what happened from my end too.

When you say it's loading but not displaying, where in task manager is it visible?

Just on the 'Processes' tab or on the 'Applications' tab too?

Just in the Processes tab. It starts out using about 80 processor usage, drops to appx 25 which stays that way until the preview finishes playing?, then to 0.

The next time you notice it's not popping up, take a quick visit to the temp folder and grab a copy of the ini file passed to the previewer exe.

Then have a go at calling it yourself from a command prompt window and see if it does the same thing.

i.e.

ImgBurnPreview.exe "ImgBurn_Preview.ini"

Did that and just a blank preview screen.

Also, when it doesn't work for a given image, will it never work no matter how many times you terminate + retry it?

Right, it never works no matter how many times I try, killing the process after each time. Also each time I try it adds another process in Task Manager. Someone mentioned that after 2 or 3 minutes the preview will play. I waited 5 min. and still nothing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.