finalize DVD DL error SOLVED 100% guaranteed

bogdan03

hello! as I posted before, I had this problem: "could not finalize disc". I tried on 5 different DVD DL disk (2 maxell 2.4x and 3 verbatim 8x). Every time, the same error ( with nero and imgburn). no one and I repeat, NO ONE!!! on this forum could tell me what to do so that my dvd player (samsung hr753) could play the content from both layers (and not only from the first). But the solution was so simple... FINALIZE THE DVD MANUALLY.

one image file was 5,5 gb and I finalized it with nero 9 (continue multisession -> burn -> write+finalize)

the other image files was 8,07 gb and I finalized it with imgburn (tools-> drive-> close-> session

This method worked on all five discs I tought were ruined and now they are played perfectly.

So listen to me: DON'T THROW AWAY THE DISCS even if you got that error.

Edited by bogdan03

Nothing is 100% guaranteed and certainly not this!

Your logs clearly show that finalising it 5 or so times had failed (yes, it retries that number of times at the end of the burn).

There is no difference between the command send automatically and the one sent when you do it manually.

It's pure fluke if it works manually and is probably down to the rest of your setup... all of which are external to ImgBurn and totally out of its control.

hello! as I posted before, I had this problem: "could not finalize disc". I tried on 5 different DVD DL disk (2 maxell 2.4x and 3 verbatim 8x). Every time, the same error ( with nero and imgburn). no one and I repeat, NO ONE!!! on this forum could tell me what to do so that my dvd player (samsung hr753) could play the content from both layers (and not only from the first). But the solution was so simple... FINALIZE THE DVD MANUALLY.

one image file was 5,5 gb and I finalized it with nero 9 (continue multisession -> burn -> write+finalize)

the other image files was 8,07 gb and I finalized it with imgburn (tools-> drive-> close-> session

This method worked on all five discs I tought were ruined and now they are played perfectly.

So listen to me: DON'T THROW AWAY THE DISCS even if you got that error.

Homer says "Nobody do it."

listen to me :lol the cheek of the other bit I repeat the cheek of the other bit.

first of all: I didn' post this solution so you can comment upon it. I post it as a solution to my problem so that other people who had the same problem can use it.

second: I didn't say it was a problem with imgburn. I got the problem when using imgburn, nero and clonedvd2. I finalized the discs made with nero and clonedvd by using imgburn and I finalized discs made with imgburn by using nero.

third: I noticed that when finalizing the disc manually, the program filled the remaining space on the DVD. On the discs with the 5.5 gb it took a while to fill it but on the 8 gb discs it was much faster.

fourth: I am sorry I didn't think about this solution sooner because, several years ago, when I bought an mp3 system, it wouldn't read my mp3 discs.But I read in the manual that the discs had to be finalized in order to be read. So I finalized all my mp3 cd's manually and it worked.It seems that this also works for the video DVD's. And, as I said, I manged to repair all 5 discs2 maxell (ritek) and 3 verbatim. It seems that the media you are using isn't much of a difference.

If this solution helps you, ok. I am glad I could help. A simple "thanks" is enough. Don't need comments from the people who didn't have this problem or forgot that a multisession disc can be closed manually. Sa fiti sanatosi!

first of all: I didn' post this solution so you can comment upon it. I post it as a solution to my problem so that other people who had the same problem can use it.

second: I didn't say it was a problem with imgburn. I got the problem when using imgburn, nero and clonedvd2. I finalized the discs made with nero and clonedvd by using imgburn and I finalized discs made with imgburn by using nero.

third: I noticed that when finalizing the disc manually, the program filled the remaining space on the DVD. On the discs with the 5.5 gb it took a while to fill it but on the 8 gb discs it was much faster.

fourth: I am sorry I didn't think about this solution sooner because, several years ago, when I bought an mp3 system, it wouldn't read my mp3 discs.But I read in the manual that the discs had to be finalized in order to be read. So I finalized all my mp3 cd's manually and it worked.It seems that this also works for the video DVD's. And, as I said, I manged to repair all 5 discs2 maxell (ritek) and 3 verbatim. It seems that the media you are using isn't much of a difference.

If this solution helps you, ok. I am glad I could help. A simple "thanks" is enough. Don't need comments from the people who didn't have this problem or forgot that a multisession disc can be closed manually. Sa fiti sanatosi!

No one should thank you cos you did not invent the wheel and you are too bigheaded and rude.

Now get back to work and invent a hammer :P

I'm not bigheaded and I'm not rude an I certainly I did not invent the wheel. I didn't said that imgburn is bad. I'm still using it. I just said that I found a solution to this problem I had (and maybe many other people have or had) and this solution wasn't given to me since I first posted on this forum. That's all. I chose to share it to help the others and as an alternative solution to "use only verbatim 2.4x made in singapore (by the way, I couldn't find any in my city) and not to get rude remarks from someone who uses this forum to write useless comments just to say the opposite. Anyone who thinks my solution isn't good, just try it.You may have a surprise. And by the way, you have nothing to lose.

LOL

You have already been told that what you did is not a solution to anything other than YOUR problem, Automatically or manually doing what you did IS THE SAME THING.

So 100% is only going to help you as your system is faulty.

People by now really should know at least the basic's of DVD and recording. The internet has plenty of examples and there is a vast amount of information on what to do with disc's recorded on home dvd recorders and how to make sure they play on devices.

BTW do the people of your village know you are missing ?

OK. So why when I burn the image with nero or imgburn or cloneDVD the disc is not finalized and I get some errors but when I do it manually it works?

You said "The internet is full of examples and there is plenty of information on what to do with disc's recorded on home dvd recorders" I didn't record the dvd on my home dvd. I did it on my PC. And I forgot to say but one of the 3 verbatims was burned on my other PC (because I thought that the first system I used may have some problems) and I got the same error but I fixed it like I did with the others.

and BTW the people of my village know I'm missing because they sent me to look for you. is the third time you got lost and they want you back. :)

And please, don't continue with more comments. Let the others decide if what I said is helpful or not. let's let this topic just to be read. If you want to discuss with me here is my yahoo messenger id tygr_bloo@yahoo.com

You did it on your PC at home on a recorder that covers all.

Yeah go me, go me, go me. Only children use yahoo LOL

You keep believing your are SPECIAL or you have the magic touch, are you really David Blane ?

Anyway I am only having a laugh at your expense and saying as how you are now skint I'm off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.