I'm really stuck - please help

pigtailpat

Using SUPER, I successfuly converted a .mov file from a DVD-ROM to DVD .vob compliant file.....

then using image burn, I made an .iso of this .vob file (there is just one file - no TS_video folder...........)

I noticed that after doing the build, image burn creates a .mds file...........

burning the .iso file still doesn't work on my DVD player....I cannot add the .mds file to the burn...does that file contain the necessary udf information for my dvd player to recognize the disc???

what I am doing wrong.....

Using SUPER, I successfuly converted a .mov file from a DVD-ROM to DVD .vob compliant file.....

then using image burn, I made an .iso of this .vob file (there is just one file - no TS_video folder...........)

I noticed that after doing the build, image burn creates a .mds file...........

burning the .iso file still doesn't work on my DVD player....I cannot add the .mds file to the burn...does that file contain the necessary udf information for my dvd player to recognize the disc???

what I am doing wrong.....

If you have just one VOB file, it doesn't mean that you have a DVD-compliant disc. VOB contains the data (audio, video streams) + you'll need *.ifo/*.bup files which form the 'correct' structure of a DVD disc. When your converting software is done with whatever it's doing you should see something like this in the output folder:

Z:\VIDEO_TS>dir /B

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_0.VOB

VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_02_0.BUP

VTS_02_0.IFO

VTS_02_1.VOB

VTS_02_2.VOB

VTS_02_3.VOB

VTS_02_4.VOB

VTS_02_5.VOB

VTS_02_6.VOB

VTS_03_0.BUP

VTS_03_0.IFO

VTS_03_1.VOB

VTS_04_0.BUP

VTS_04_0.IFO

VTS_04_1.VOB

VTS_04_2.VOB

VTS_05_0.BUP

VTS_05_0.IFO

VTS_05_1.VOB

VTS_06_0.BUP

VTS_06_0.IFO

VTS_06_1.VOB

VTS_07_0.BUP

VTS_07_0.IFO

VTS_07_1.VOB

The above files represent the properly mastered DVD disc (the amount of files in your case may of course be different).

One more thing, you don't have to create an ISO image from the files on hard drive. Instead you can burn them directly to a DVD+-R/+-RW media using the Build mode.

If you want to burn a DVD Video disc you need a proper VIDEO_TS folder with all the right files.

Use DVD Flick instead of SUPER. It'll make the proper set of files for you to burn.

OK DVD Flick takes a really, really, really long time, I'll give it another go.........

Thanks for the recommendation on ConvertXtoDVD. I found it, tried it out, and purchased it. It does the job much quicker than DVDFlick, my DVD-ROM is pretty long, so I have to break it up in parts, one part (4 sessions about one and 3/4 of an hour long in minutes) took only about an hour to render in ConvertXtoDVD, while DVDFlick was still struggling with just one session...........burns just fine using Image Burn. Although figuring this out took most of my Sunday, I am glad I did, so I can really help myself with other projects that come along the way.

Many thanks for your help and assistance!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.