Cannot set booktype on Samsung SH-S203B in Win7

MLS

I get this: ajtjs3.jpg

With "Run as Administrator" and my Limited account both.

Blank disc is in drive, worked fine in XP.

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional

Samsung SH-S203B on ICH9R

Imgburn 2.5.0.0

Interface: SPTI

Media: Verbatim MCC-004-00

Thanks,

MLS

I'm also using ICH9R in AHCI mode with Windows 7 and found this Intel Matrix Storage driver, which has been working fine.

By the way, there's newer firmware for your burner, but you'll only be able to update after installing the matrix drivers. Also have a look at this utility as it can add a few nice extra features to your burner ;)

Shesh, who knew the freaking Matrix drivers were so critical. I've been using an ICH southbridge for many generations and never installed them.

It will allow me to set the booktype now but it claims it cannot show the current setting. I'm not sure if it was like this before or not. (Current setting says: "Unknown (No way to query current setting!) ). I assume this is just a limitation of the drive?

I don't have anything to write at the moment so hopefully that worked, thanks again for the help and this wonderful software. If I get impatient with my drive I'll check out that modded firmware :).

MLS

Yes, it's a limitation of all Samsung burners.

What is the limitation of Samsung drives?

on a second box I'm using the AMD 785G chipset and get the same booktype error on DVD+R and DVD+R DL with Win 7 and Samsung drive. No other drivers that I can see other than the stock MS ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.