New To ImgBurn - Back-up Question

HarryRCT

I just downloaded Imgburn today and used it to copy my "pictures" folder from Windows Vista. My question is if the next time I do this will the program just copy what has changed or the entire folder which took about 20 minutes.

I was unable to copy to my DVD-RW using Windows, but ImgBurn worked GREAT. I do need to look around the program to see an easier way to choose which files to copy as I want to use it for other back-up's since my Windows Back-up says it can read my disc's. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

You'd actually use the 'Include Archive Files Only' option for this.

Once it's backed them up the first time it'll reset that attribute on the file. Then the next time they won't be included.

Just remember to uncheck it again for 'normal' burns or you'll find lots of files get missed!

You'd actually use the 'Include Archive Files Only' option for this.

Once it's backed them up the first time it'll reset that attribute on the file. Then the next time they won't be included.

Just remember to uncheck it again for 'normal' burns or you'll find lots of files get missed!

So I just check the 'include achive files only" box under "options" and it will only include what is new? Thanks.

Well, once you've done one burn with that option selected (where basically it'll burn all the files), they'll all have that attribute I mentioned reset.

Then only new/modified files will have it set the next time and so only those ones will be on the next disc.

Try it out on a RW disc (and a smaller set of duplicate files) so you can see what I mean.

If you're only really backing up one top level folder each time (and that doesn't change), you could make a project file for it.

Well, once you've done one burn with that option selected (where basically it'll burn all the files), they'll all have that attribute I mentioned reset.

Then only new/modified files will have it set the next time and so only those ones will be on the next disc.

Try it out on a RW disc (and a smaller set of duplicate files) so you can see what I mean.

If you're only really backing up one top level folder each time (and that doesn't change), you could make a project file for it.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :thumbup:

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :thumbup:

If I select more files than can fit onto one DVD, will ImgBurn prompt me for a second DVD? If not what will happen? Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.