Directshow error @ 99% creation of CUE from local HDD only

Locutus

Hi all

I get this error only when i create a cue file from the local HDDs. No problem from network storage.

I've checked

- security policies of drives

- bit-defender white pages and execution policies

- audio codecs

I've found

one codec that is broken "ffdshow.ax" don't know why or how but I'm having trouble getting it back. Also, my other XP machine does not have this codec.

Last week all was working, no upgrades or sw changes that i know of.

I get this error during writes on my other machine but only when I'm running two instances of IB and two burners. Machine is old P4 and IDE (slow)

PS does anyone have any info on what priorities these codecs should have so that Imgburn does not time out.

TIA

K

thanks for your reply

[ found a program to fix the codecs and have done so but still same behavior. i will remove ffdshow and see what complains.

It complained

I 11:31:05 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 11:31:05 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:31:05 Total Physical Memory: 1,563,116 KB - Available: 401,852 KB

I 11:31:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:31:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:31:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!

E 11:31:17 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

E 11:31:17 File Name: F:\ISO\L O V E\01\06-Thou Swell-Nat King Cole-L-O-V-E (Disc 1).mp3

E 11:31:17 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

E 11:31:17 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

E 11:34:01 acmFormatSuggest Failed! - Reason: ACM - Not possible.

E 11:34:01 File Name: F:\ISO\L O V E\01\06-Thou Swell-Nat King Cole-L-O-V-E (Disc 1).mp3

same from network storage (no FFDshow)

E 11:37:12 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!

E 11:37:12 File Name: M:\Nat King Cole\L O V E\01\06-Thou Swell-Nat King Cole-L-O-V-E (Disc 1).mp3

E 11:37:12 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

E 11:37:12 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.

E 11:37:26 acmFormatSuggest Failed! - Reason: ACM - Not possible.

E 11:37:26 File Name: M:\Nat King Cole\L O V E\01\06-Thou Swell-Nat King Cole-L-O-V-E (Disc 1).mp3

re install ffdshow - same error from local and network drives now

W 11:41:30 Potential DirectShow Error! - No data has been received for 10 seconds.

W 11:41:30 File Name: M:\Nat King Cole\L O V E\01\08-The Surrey With The Fringe On Top-Nat King Cole-L-O-V-E (Disc 1).mp3

W 11:41:30 Decoding Progress: 30,737,016 bytes

That was my first thought on the issue. I've copied and verified all of the files that i am working with via CRC checksum and cannot find issues. They play, load etc and give no issues. i used the same files from the network storage drive on my laptop and other desktop to verify the issue. cue files are created on these machines no problem regardless of where the files (mp3) reside. (local HDD or Network storage)

its only this machine that has me stumped. I've resolved other issues over the past few years via your forum but i cant seem to get past this one.

I managed to get the machine running ffdshow and i am back to the original problem of the time out if the files are on local drives.

Thanks

K

post-17005-125660173791.jpg

You won't be able to get a decent fix or find the real problem until you get rid of ffdshow because it'll just keep on taking over - which isn't what you want.

Get rid of it and then open the file in GraphEdit to find out which filters get pulled in to create the graph.

If you read the FAQ, you'll see about an updated version of the OS's built in MP3 decoder.

If the MP3 file is in the correct/usual format, I still don't see why both DirectShow and ACM fail to get it into 44100Hz, Stereo, 16 bit for CD-DA burning.... this is where the file format info I asked for would come in handy.

curious

my usual format is 128/44.1khz but i think these are 48khz

this is a friends mess that I'm sorting out (tags etc and recreating the original audio set)

I do all of my remastering in WaveLab (vinyl to cd) and have a true 24bit zonar audio card with ASIO drivers. It shouldn't be this as it worked before. never say never.

Can't understand why as i usually do my work on the local HDD and then store finished items on the network drives.

I'll give it a try with different bit rates and sample frequencies.

>>>>>>>Get rid of it and then open the file in GraphEdit to find out which filters get pulled in to create the graph.

I'm lost here and don't know what graph you are talking about. :(

Q. should the "create Cue work with WMA etc, seeing as it is directshow doing the conversions?

thx

K

update

tried 44.1khz and all is ok

i guess i was being lazy and not getting the exact file from the network strorage ( which worked)

have both 48khz and 44.1khz on the local Hdd and the 48's cause the problem. Same on the network drive.

Q. should i be able to do 48khz , or WAV or Wma. I usually only deal with mp3 and if memory serves i tried a wave file once directly and it did not work.

Edited by Locutus

Yes, all of those formats work fine here. I even tested a few 48kHz MP3's the other day after someone mentioned something - only I didn't have any problem with them.

I don't believe the file being local/remote is the issue here, it's just that perhaps they're being processed differently (streamed vs read as a whole) by whichever filter is being used. That could be why one never gets started and the other times out at the end.

Have you ever seen GraphEdit before? It'll make more sense once you've loaded it up. DirectShow just uses the term 'graph' when it's talking about the overall picture of filters that are included to go from source to destination format.

Once you've loaded the MP3 in graphedit, it'll add all the filters into the 'graph' automatically so the file can be played. This will allow you to see which filters are actually being used for any file you try and use. Sometimes there's a lot of rubbish that gets pulled in.

Surely the only time you'd use 48kHz is when your source is 48kHz and you want to preserve that? (i.e. stuff extracted from DVD etc)

Otherwise it's better all round if you stick to the CD-DA standard 44kHz.

Thank you so much.

I am taking a crash course on direct-show at the Microsoft MSDN site and once i get enough knowledge to really screw up my machine i will let you know what "graf" is timing out, if i ever find the combination.

Being the audiophile that i am this should be fun....

Cheers

K

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.