Error on the Forum

Crater1

Question: Why can't I respond to this post? (Address of post included)

Response from forum@imgburn.com: Because it's not your thread.

Follow on question:

I thought the idea of a forum was to exchange information, ideas and experiences. If only the person asking a question was able to respond - then a forum would have no value. Please see Note below.

Let me rephrase my question - how does anyone respond to a question or post an additional experience or opinion within the imgburn forum? If posting replies is not possible, then why is there a Reply button at the bottom of the each post?

Garry

Note:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.[1] It originated as the modern equivalent of a traditional bulletin board, and a technological evolution of the dialup bulletin board system.[2][3] From a technological standpoint, forums or boards are web applications managing user-generated content.[3][4]

A post is a user submitted message enclosed into a block containing the user's details and the date and time it was submitted. Members are usually allowed to edit or delete their own posts. Posts are contained in threads, where they appear as boxes one after another. The first post starts the thread; this may be called the original post, or OP. Posts that follow in the thread are meant to continue discussion about that post, or respond to other replies.

A thread (sometimes called a topic) is a collection of posts, usually displayed – by default – from oldest to latest, although the option for a threaded view (a tree-like view applying logical reply structure before chronological order) can be available. A thread is defined by a title, an additional description that may summarise the intended discussion, and an opening or original post (common abbreviation 'OP', which can also mean original poster) which opens whatever dialogue or makes whatever announcement the poster wished. A thread can contain any number of posts, including multiple posts from the same members, even if they are one after the other.

Too many newbies join this forum and post in someone elses thread when their problem is nothing like the original persons. The trouble is, they'd don't know any better (why should they?) and assume all errors are the same thing - clearly that's not the case, there are hundreds of variations. Then it just becomes annoying and is considered hijacking - this is what we aim to avoid.

As such, the policy of THIS forum is to create a new thread so we can deal with YOUR problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.