Burning dvd from iso with chapters.

dznootz

Hi i took 14 files and turned them into an iso.

When I'm trying to burn the iso to dvd with imgburn i'm not seeing how i can add chapters in.

I'm sure this is answered somewhere else... In the meantime i'll keep searching forums for the answer.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

Would it be easiest to take the 14 files and make each individual one an iso file rather than all 14 into 1 iso?

Edited by dznootz

ImgBurn is just a burning tool, it burns files as-is.

Chapters and things are the job of Authoring programs.

Do you have any suggestions then for taking mp4 files and converting them into a good format to burn to dvd.

The current files are mp4 and when i attempted to convert as is they came to 20+ gb.

As an iso file they are back down to 4gb. If there is an iso authoring program you could suggest or another method of burning it would be really helpful.

I have this program SUPER which will encode the files to any type if anyone knows the best file type to then burn to dvd that would be awesome...

I know this is irrelevant to imgburn and sorry I'm asking here but i'd assume most people using imgburn are well versed in the areas of burning and could help...

If this is a problem asking here im sorry and thank you for anyones time that helps.

well if you have a home DVD Player that can play Divx files

then convert your MP4s to Divx format...

but it depends on what you need....

do u need to author a DVD in a way to add multiple movies onto it and they'll play 1 after the other

or

do u need to author a DVD in a way to Merge all your MP4s into 1 single movie

and then lets say add chapters every 5 minutes to it???

Edited by eSkRo

Personally I'd use something like ConvertXtoDVD (not free).

It'll allow you to add them and have a menu button to load each one.

You won't get 14 on a disc though (with ok quality) unless they're all like 10 mins long.

DVD Flick is a freeware alternative, there are others but it's not really something I know a lot about.

I actually have both of these programs.

Convertx and flick both make it 18+ gigs.

So either what i'm trying to do is impossible or...

Is it possible i could Encode the files myself converting them from mp4 to vob at a super low quality?

I'm really bad at this obviously..

If i take the mp4 files i can turn them into an iso of 4 gigs and easily fit that onto a disc..

Which didn't work..

I guess my question is... Do I just Buy more dvd's and fit it on 4 seperate discs or is it possible for me to change them to VoB or another viable dvd format then create an iso? Or when i convert mp4 is it no matter what going to be a huge file??

Im just assuming that the mp4 files are much smaller than what is dvd compatible and I've just been wasting my time and need to just buy more dvd's.

By the way thanks alot lightning most people would have shunned me away since it was irrelevant to their program.

Thanks for taking the time to help it's much appreciated.

Mostly you'll get smart@ss remarks like go to google.com or search through the 10,000 posts and find your answer >_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.