Issues burning Blu Ray Data/Movie using IMG Burn

Rama

Hello

I am having a problem writing a Verbatim BD-R 2X Disc. I add the files and folders and select UDF 2.5 format for burning. It says reserving track and fails with the error scsi 0x02 which is meant to mean some error with the tracks. Now I have also tried a Sony 6x BD-R but I think it might be due to my drive on the laptop being 2X and 6X not being supported.

I have attached the logs and my os is Windows 7 64 bit home premium. HP Is asking me to recovery my laptop (HDX 16T) I dont want to do that as of yet because it will end up me having to redo the laptop from scratch.

The Drive in the laptop is HL-DT-ST BD-RE GBW-B10N.

This is the first time I am burning the blu ray on this machine. DVDs burn fine. No problems the Problems seem to be with Blu Ray Discs.

Any advice or help is highly appreciated.

The movie folder was created using Nero Vision 9.

These are brand new discs and dont have anything on them. So I dont think anything was written to these discs yet.

Please help I am at my wits end and really dont want to do a complete recovery. I even downloaded the latest chipset drivers from Intel as per a Microsoft forum

ImgBurn.log

#1- check to see if you have the latest firmware for you burner installed...

#2- use a lens cleaner on your burner

#3- try again

#1 Cannot find the firmware update for this drive anywhere. Any went the recovery way. HP replaced the drive also

#2 Same error while burning the blu-ray discs. Imgburn is able to burn DVDs fine. No issues only blu-ray discs have issues

#3 Is there any Windows setting I need to do make this writing successfull My Drive is HL-DT-ST BD-RE GBW-10N with UE9 firmware.

Nope, no setting to change, it should just work.

Failures like yours (Write Error) are nothing to do with software, they're purely and issue between the drive/firmware/media.

Verbatim should be the best available so if it won't even burn those, the drive is pretty useless.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, no setting to change, it should just work.

Failures like yours (Write Error) are nothing to do with software, they're purely and issue between the drive/firmware/media.

Verbatim should be the best available so if it won't even burn those, the drive is pretty useless.

Ok the failure was indeed media related. It was able to finally write a SONY 2X 25NH BD-RE successfully both movie and Data, So now I know its my Drive problem albeit is a stupid drive that doesnt seem to support a whole lot of media formats.

I was trying a Verbatim BD-R LTH Version 1.2 and a SOny BD-R 6X Version 1.3. It seems this Drive only supports Version 2.1 and above as the Sony I have got is version 2.1 BD-RE.

The problem is there is no documentation and repeated fight with HP and No Help from LG it finally turned out to be the media.

Thanks for your help anyway and its indeed a nice intelligent software you have there.

Thanks a Lot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.