Burning .iso files

jand66

Hello,

I hope anyone can help me. I use imgburn a few years (in combination with imgtool)and i have never had problems with. However, a few weeks ago i want to burn a movie. I downloaded a movie. With imgtool i created an iso file from the video_ts directory and imgburn burns a file on the dvd disc. But when i tried to play the dvd disc, my dvd player can't read the disc. When i checked the disc i saw that img burn did not create an iso file at the disc but it created a video_ts and an audio_ts map. Since then every time i try to create an iso file to a dvd disc it failed. My opinion is that it has something to do with the configuration, but until now the problem is not solved. I have tried different configurations but everything failed.

What do i do wrong??

Greetings,

Jan

Assuming the movie fits on a Single Layer DVD (4.7GB)

here's what i do to Burn a playable DVD Movie

for my HOME DVD PLAYER....

#1:

====

Use the Movie's VIDEO_TS Folder as your Source

(see screenshot)

5ofp6h.png

#2:

====

u need to set the correct file system before burning your DVD Movie...

and the correct file system to use,

so that your Burned Movie will play in your HOME DVD PLAYER is this...

(see screenshot)

312wr4j.png

#3:

====

Select your Device Write Speed......

(see screenshot)

28jfhfs.png

#4:

====

Just Click this button to Start the Burning Process!

(see screenshot)

k50jmq.png

#5:

====

Then you'll be asking to confirm the DVD's Label...

You can change it if you want or leave it as is

and hit OK....

(see screenshot)

oktp50.png

#6:

====

Once you've hit OK,

you'll see another popup window with a small resume

of the DVD your about to Burn,,,

So just hit OK again....

(see screenshot)

2d28uj7.png

#7:

====

Your pretty much done at this point...

Let ImgBurn do its job...

(see screenshot)

otjg47.png

Edited by eSkRo

Nothing, that's what's supposed to happen.

Burning an ISO does not put an ISO file on the disc.

Use ImgBurn to write your video_ts / audio_ts folder to disc, you don't need a 3rd party tool.

No, normally that is not what happens. With imgtool i could make an iso file in a directory from the files in the video_ts directory. Also in imgtool you can set an option in the preferences which automically starts up imgburn. Imgburn burned the iso file from the selected directory (in imgtool) directly on the dvd.

Gr. Jan

Either I don't follow what you're saying or you've been doing things a very odd way.

When you burn an ISO file you're supposed to use Write mode.

It's always been that way since day one.

An ISO file is a sector by sector copy of the disc. When you burn it to disc, you never end up seeing the actual ISO file, you see what the ISO contained.

So if you make an ISO of a VIDEO_TS folder and burn it to a disc, you end up with a VIDEO_TS folder on the disc. Period. End of story.

Like I just said, forget ImgTool, it's old and pointless.

Either I don't follow what you're saying or you've been doing things a very odd way.

When you burn an ISO file you're supposed to use Write mode.

It's always been that way since day one.

An ISO file is a sector by sector copy of the disc. When you burn it to disc, you never end up seeing the actual ISO file, you see what the ISO contained.

So if you make an ISO of a VIDEO_TS folder and burn it to a disc, you end up with a VIDEO_TS folder on the disc. Period. End of story.

Like I just said, forget ImgTool, it's old and pointless.

Sorry, my excuses. I have a website where are some guides to burn images to a dvd. There they use imgtool and imgburn. So i used the way they described it. The way they explained it it seems that the system burns an iso file. I checked my dvd's which are working correctly and it is like you said. So, still i don't know why the dvd player is not playing the disc.

Thank you for your quick response and again sorry for my invalid knowledge of burning dvd's.

Gr, Jan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.