Minor context menu change

heywhat

First of all, thank you for distributing this utility. It came recommended on boards where people (like myself) have had trouble with ISOs that won't properly burn with retail products--in this case from Roxio. :blink:

I come from a very long history in technology so am providing feedback on an uncommon, but necessary, attribute of Windows that I suspect is missing from ImgBurn as a result of a usability choice made by its author, i.e.: there is no "move" item in the taskbar's context (right-click) menu. Since ImgBurn remembers its last location on the display, this can cause ImgBurn to reside "off screen" with no way to move it into view.

To duplicate the problem, use a multi-display system and move ImgBurn to the secondary display--perhaps with two inputs to prevent Windows from thinking the display has been removed--then right-click on the task in the taskbar. Imagine that the display is damaged, and cannot show anything, or that Remote Desktops is in use, and it silently cuts off the secondary display so you can't move your mouse there to click anything. Unmodified applications will show: "Restore | Move | Size | Minimize | Maximize | Close" -- ImgBurn will show "Restore | Minimize | Minimize to System Tray | Close"

If it's unclear how "move" would help, since you have to be able to see the mouse to click on the title bar, there's a "trick" to move windows to which you cannot navigate with the mouse: Choose the "move" item, then strike any arrow key, which attaches the window to the mouse wherever it is (popping the window to it, if necessary), without requiring a mouse-click (one simply moves the mouse with the window hanging off it). This effectively returns the window to the display.

A long explanation for a simple request, but it would be useful to have that option back, please. N.B.: ImgBurn opens two windows with one taskbar item, so perhaps they could be docked to each other when moving? Finally, I realize that it's possible to press "alt-space" and then remember that "move" is "M", then arrow, then mouse, but...that still only moves one window.

Thanks again--again, ImgBurn is a much appreciated tool. :)

C++ Builder (and Delphi) apps have a hidden window and that's the one the taskbar button applies to (yes, that functionality can be changed but it causes other issues for me). There's no move option because moving a hidden window is pointless - Borland/CodeGear removed it, not me :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.