Will not read CD

The latest version of imgburn will not read a store-bought CD from either of my disc drives. It gets stuck analyzing track 10. I have Windows XP with the latest service packs and updates. I have reverted to the previous version of imgburn and everything is OK again. Apologies if my vocabulary is wrong, but I don't speak computerese very well.

I've had already had a go a tweaking the analysing code for problem drives.

If you'd like to try it out with the disc/drive that's failing, let me know if your forum email account is ok to send a new build (exe, zipped up) to.

Yes, Lightning UK, my yahoo address is good to send anything you want to it.

Paul in San Francisco

Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log =chair.gif

Apologies for not attaching the log file. Since I did already uninstall version 2.5.1.0, the log showing the problem has gone too. All I have now is the log for version 2.5.0.0, which shows no problems, but which you are welcome to look at if it is any help.

Paul in San Francisco

I've had already had a go a tweaking the analysing code for problem drives.

If you'd like to try it out with the disc/drive that's failing, let me know if your forum email account is ok to send a new build (exe, zipped up) to.

The new beta version has worked perfectly doing everything I have tried so far (CD's only, no DVD's yet). Thank you, thank you. I'll be sending you a donation.

Paul in San Francisco

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.