DVD+R booktype to DVD-ROM DVDRW drive list

brainiac

LiteOn, Samsung and LG burners can do it right out of the box. Optiarc and Pioneer (avoid the 118/218 models) burners can do it after flashing a modified firmware.

Now if you meant DVD+R DL then all burners automatically booktype that type of media to DVD-ROM.

LiteOn, Samsung and LG burners can do it right out of the box. Optiarc and Pioneer (avoid the 118/218 models) burners can do it after flashing a modified firmware.

Now if you meant DVD+R DL then all burners automatically booktype that type of media to DVD-ROM.

Thank you mmalves. Local stores have LiteOn and LG. Previously I was using LiteOn iHAS324A.

Now I've bought a LiteOn iHAS324-32Y, but unfortunately the firmware seems won't do bitsetting.

I have just patched the firmware with the one from Liggy's site, flashed process successfully.

Now I'm having a problem with imgburn when I try to choose DVD+R Media.

Error message: "Unknown (FAILED!) Reason: Invalid Field in CDB."

What is CDB?

Under Advanced settings Drive OEM, I chose "LiteOn" and Drive ID is "ATAPI iHAS324 Y"

Is this what's causing the problem?

Thanks to all who can help. TY

You've got a non-standard LiteOn there. There are 'iHAS324 A' models and 'iHAS324 Y' models. The 'A' is the real LiteOn and the 'Y' is the Optiarc one.

You don't need to modify anything in ImgBurn, it handles the 'Y' drive automatically (so it uses NEC commands).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.