Dual Layer burn errors

Aaygo

This is the error I get when I try to burn with ImgBurn.

Optimal L1 Data Zone start LBA : None found ! (VTS_01)

This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track patch) disc.

None of the cells meet the 'DVD-Video specification' criteria for a potential layer break position.

Do you want to continue anyway ? YES NO

I'm trying to do a 1:1 backup of a DVD9.

I've updated all my software and updated firmware as well.

I used DVD decrypter in File mode to extract the DVD, then I used DVD Shrink to make the ISO file. But, when I use ImgBurn to burn the dvd+r DL I get a prompt message (Above).

Here's my log:

I 12:48:04 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 12:48:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:48:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:48:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:48:05 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 12:49:33 Operation Started!

I 12:49:33 Source File: I:\Temp\FF_VII_ADVENT_CHILDREN.ISO

I 12:49:33 Source File Sectors: 4,104,729 (MODE1/2048)

I 12:49:33 Source File Size: 8,406,484,992 bytes

I 12:49:33 Source File Volume Identifier: FF_VII_ADVENT_CHILDREN

I 12:49:33 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 12:49:33 Source File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 12:49:33 Destination Device: [3:0:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW 3.07 (V:) (ATA)

I 12:49:33 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 12:49:33 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824

I 12:49:34 Write Mode: DVD

I 12:49:34 Write Type: DAO

I 12:49:34 Write Speed: 2.4x

I 12:49:34 Link Size: Auto

I 12:49:34 Test Mode: No

I 12:49:34 BURN-Proof: Enabled

E 12:49:45 Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)

E 12:49:45 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:11

I 12:49:45 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

I looked up the layer break info and the above error popped up again. I've tried burning with Nero, but I get freezing and lopping of scenes about 2/3 through the movie. I'm guessing this is because of the layer break.

Is this an error on my part or a genuine bug?

Thank you! I love ImgBurn for DVD5's, but I'd love to use it with DVD9's as well.

Aaygo

its no bug . you should do some more research about how to back up dual layer,google is your friend

ditch the ritek discs , they are crap and use only verbatim discs for dual layer :)

• 2 years later...

Since this post is 2 years old, I would like to make a point to Mr. "Google is your friend" (every board has 1 or 2 of them, as they were cloned at some Unix club back in 2000). That message, echoed by six other messages in the first page of Google results alone, tells me that in 5-8 years Google is going to go through some "personal changes" and think we should see other friends.

You see.. Google IS our friend at the moment, because the first generation of world wide web users were a social information spreading society, therefore our answers WERE a quick Google away because of this. Soon, we will see nothing more than anti-social jargon clone 3nglish-warz and Google will be hitting bottom living out of the junkyard and no one with their head on their shoulders is going to want to hang out with him any more, therefore were going to degenerate into a society where everyone who thinks they know it all are going to revert back to saying "The library is your friend, laughs out loud in real life, rookie".

So please, let this thread be a warning to all you abi-n33z0rzes out there -- social skills are an important bridge to higher learning if used wisely.

Sincerely,

Ghost of Netmas Future

Edited by pointdexter

I agree with MR Netmas Future (sic), but only to a point. Not every answer should be "Google is you friend", fair enough.

But boards are not meant to answer any question that a passer by might wish to throw in either. Its all voluntary anyway, so it would save everybody time and effort if questions that can be found elsewhere and easily through a search, are in fact searched elsewhere.

Sure social skills are important, but so is not abusing the privilege of free use of boards and the help which is given freely by dedicated people who would rather work with those who have at least made an effort to read guides and other material freely available by clicking a search button on the board itself.

I have literally spent hours sometimes trying to guide someone (on an another software board), but it does piss me off when people just float in ask something like "please help now, it doesn't work!!!" and then accuse you of not helping if you ask for further info or point them to search or guides or FAQs.

After a lot of this aggro, I just ignore such vague questions now. Is that better? No, but if people want me to make an effort to help, I expect that they make an effort to inform me and to learn too.

Edited by Guzeppi

especially on a board that does NOT allow discussion about ripping dvd's, if you dont know the background of the author of this programme please google it , and if you dont like google then take your sarcasm elsewhere

Since this post is 2 years old,

Bit baffled why someone even answered a post that is 2 years old !

I'm more concerned that I cant see any questions relating to ImgBurn in the post either.

The fact of the matter is the OP didnt know how to use the software in the first part of the process properly,then failed in there quest with the 2nd piece of software as well .Neitehr of those pieces of software are supported are by the ImgBurn support forum.

The Imgurn forum does not have anything to do with ripping discs, (only burning issues) ,and for legal reasons in Europe

we CANNOT, WILL NOT and DONT WANT TO talk about any part of ripping.Normally at this point i would say " Google is your friend" if you want to know why those rules apply >_<

The fact that Cornholio posted an answer (he could of easily ignored the post) was a help to the OP ,AND it was to point him where to do research on his problem, so where the lecture comes from i dont really know ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.