Playstation 1 image burning failed

Henshin

I had two disk images of Final Fantasy IX (NTSC and PAL) and burned them so I could play them on my modded (pal) psone. The ntsc version I burned with clonecd and works just fine but I copied the pal version with imageburn and it doesn't load. Why is that? Note: I do have a original copy now but I would still like to now why it doesn't load. I think I just used "write image file to disc".

It only says this which seems quite useless. Perhaps the relevant log got deleted when I updated to the last version?

I 05:11:33 ImgBurn Version 2.5.2.0 started!

I 05:11:33 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 05:11:33 Total Physical Memory: 4.192.760 KB - Available: 1.930.580 KB

W 05:11:33 Duplex Secure's SPTD driver can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 05:11:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 05:11:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 05:11:33 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B SB00 (D:) (ATA)

I 05:11:33 -> Drive 2 - Info: TYBQ 5YB092NGD 1.03 (E:) (SCSI)

I 05:11:33 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

I 05:13:48 Close Request Acknowledged

I 05:13:48 Closing Down...

I 05:13:49 Shutting down SPTI...

I 05:13:49 ImgBurn closed!

Edited by Henshin

It's because, I think, ImgBurn does not support the format/way that PS1 game discs are in. They're either multi-session or the audio is in a separate track from the game itself, I forget what it was. But, I believe I came across the same problem. As you said, CloneCD works for PS1 games, I do remember that, as does Alcohol 120%.

Bottom line, as I said, I believe ImgBurn won't be able to do what you're looking for in its current form, I'm afraid.

I think what you mean is that it doesn't write in 'RAW' mode and thus cannot reproduce broken subchannel info - because the drive fixes it. ;)

It can write multisession images (audio + data tracks in any order) from CUE files now... and has been able to since CUE support was first added.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem a little while ago about a psone game that I couldn't play on my modded psone. I just read some stuff on the web and came across "RAW" mode. I have two questions about it. One, does imageburn support it now? Two, If imageburn isn't able to use RAW mode, could it be possible that my psone image didn't play on my psone because of that?

My original problem can be found here.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=15809

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.