How to make DVD Chapters 4 and 5 play without stop and repeat

glnz

On my wife's favorite exercise DVD, there are two sections that (I think) appear in my VLC player (Playback - Navigation) as Title 3 Chapters 4 and 5. When she plays the DVD on her PowerDVD, she has to start each Chapter manually (by hitting the button for it in the DVD's menu). She wants some type of copy that would play Chapters 4 and 5 and repeat them (at least once) without stop, so she can exercise continuously without a break. Is there a way to do that using ImgBurn? I think, ideally, I would end up with a new DVD that would simply play Chapters 4, 5, 4 and 5 without stopping. If not, then maybe an avi (or similar) file that I could leave as a file on her laptop that would be the same. I have the latest ImgBurn version 2.5.2.0. And that's on a Dell PC with WinXPPro SP3.

Another possibility is finding a setting in VLC video player that does the same thing while playing the original DVD. Make some type of playlist (?) that selects and plays Chapters 4, 5, 4 and 5 from the original DVD without stopping? Now that I think of it, that might be better because we could use the technique flexibly on all her DVD's without having to burn a custom copy each time. But please leave step-by-step instructions. I have VLC media player 1.1.4. Indeed, I just tried to do this, and the VLC seems NOT to go from dvd://3:4 to dvd://3:5 continuously but instead goes back to the DVD menu.

In the VLC player, I also tried to use "Loop from point A to point B continuously", but I cannot get it to work for this. Also, what if she wanted Chapters 3, 5, 3 and 5?

[As far as I can tell, both these Chapters 4 and 5 are in a single file on the DVD with the file name VTS_02_3.VOB. But I don't have the patience to play that file (as a file) to see what happens half-way through (between Chapters 4 and 5). Also, that particular file seems to start a few seconds after the normal start of Chapter 4 - it misses the on-screen start title of Chapter 4 but goes straight into the following dancercise movie. Anyway, it's just luck in this case that both Chapters 4 and 5 appear in that one file, and it won't be the same the next time she wants to do this with a different DVD.]

Thanks in advance for your responses. I did take a quick look in the Guide, but didn't find an instant answer. Probably in there somewhere but I'd have to spend lots of time experimenting and ruining blank DVD's. One of you surely has the wisdom ...

I think the easy way is to find (Google it, cause here we don't discuss ripping here) a program to extract individual chapters from DVD.

Than you can use the playlist and loop function from your favorite player.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.