BD RE DL writing speed

neosephiroth86

hi! I have a tdk-bld-wfa-00 branded maxell, I burned on it a backup of a movie that i own on bluray.

On a friend of mine ps3 slim it plays just fine, on mine the movie icon doesn't even appear in the xmb...

I suppose it's a problem of my ps3...

anyway to improve the compatibility I would like to burn it at 1x with my LG bh08ls20 but I can't, imgburn forces me to burn it at 2x.

Can I do something? Thanks for your help

i! I have a tdk-bld-wfa-00 branded maxell

Maxell = TDK? And here I thought TDK doesn't even make their own discs anymore, and now they are making discs for others? I would have expected it to be RiTek. <_<

Since it is a TDK dye FROM TDK, I would assume it is ACTUALLY a good quality disc, since TDK is after all a Japanese company, and not a Taiwan based company (RiTek)

Edited by Rincewind

yes it's made in japan media.

My story with bluray is very bad, I begun with the sony bd re dl (mediatype mei t01 01),they all were well readen by the ps3 but ,after 8-15 rewritings, they begun to gimme bad sectors messages during writing and the movies had holes and stck 5-6 times each.(all of this has been well documented by a specific post of mine on this forum).

Then I bought a tdk (mediacode tdk bld wfa 00 ) and just keeps rewriting fine, even if some movies stuck but , I think , it's caused by my ps3 because with others and with standalone readers he movie plays just fine.

Now I bought these 2 bd re dl labelled Maxell with the same mediacode of my tdk (tdk bld wfa 00), even if they cost an half of the tdk (12 euros vs 23 circa). One of the two plays fine,another on mine ps3 doesn't even appear in xmb while playng fine on my friends' ps3.

This is my sad and trobled story...

Any comments is well accepted!

yes it's made in japan media.

My story with bluray is very bad, I begun with the sony bd re dl (mediatype mei t01 01),they all were well readen by the ps3 but ,after 8-15 rewritings, they begun to gimme bad sectors messages during writing and the movies had holes and stck 5-6 times each.(all of this has been well documented by a specific post of mine on this forum).

Then I bought a tdk (mediacode tdk bld wfa 00 ) and just keeps rewriting fine, even if some movies stuck but , I think , it's caused by my ps3 because with others and with standalone readers he movie plays just fine.

Now I bought these 2 bd re dl labelled Maxell with the same mediacode of my tdk (tdk bld wfa 00), even if they cost an half of the tdk (12 euros vs 23 circa). One of the two plays fine,another on mine ps3 doesn't even appear in xmb while playng fine on my friends' ps3.

This is my sad and trobled story...

Any comments is well accepted!

ps: I have firmware 2.00,the latest. I wonder if a modified or custom fw is or will ever be available...

Ummmm, well you know perhaps burning movies on RW media is not really the way to go. I never had any use for RW media anyways, perhaps only exception is if you download a lot of free OSs and burn an ISO to disc and prefer to use a RW, then yes I could see that. Honestly though RW is not recommended for backup purposes, let alone burning movies onto.

You would just be better off sticking with WORMs (Write Once Read Many Times) for movies.

I'm still very surprised that you even got such a high quality disc (branded as Maxell). I would LOVE to actually get a REAL TDK branded +R DL, but I don't think they exist. I keep hearing how good Tayo Yuden is, as well as Verbatim (I do have some Verbatim +R DLs burned), but alas, I never seen a Tayo Yuden +R DL disc, only -R DL.

I haven't yet gone bluray, but this time when I do from the very start I will buy proper media. Also unlike DVD there is no BD-R/BD+R crap, like there is with DVD, this is one of the pros of having a single company control of a format, minus all the DRM they like to shove.

However now the only issue is BD-R vs. BD-R LTH.

Edited by Rincewind

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.