Strange "blank" DVD?

dbminter

Have a weird situation. Was wondering if anyone could provide some possible insight. But, I believe, I'll have to get a replacement disc.

I bought a comic book collection that was recently released on two data DVD-ROM's. It was a 2 disc set, where Disc 1 is fine. I even ran an image read on it. But, Disc 2 is the nutter. Windows returns it is blank! :o So, I decided to dig into it a bit and eventually loaded DVDInfo to have a look.

Media Information

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO

Media code/Manufacturer ID N/A Pressed DVD

Format Capacity 3.04GB(3.26GB)

Book Type DVD-ROM

Media Type DVD-ROM

Data area starting sector 30000h

Data area end sector 1852E0h

Linear Density 0.267um/bit

Track Density 0.74um/track

Number of Layers 1

Basically, all it's returning is the disc format size, that it's a pressed DVD-ROM, AND a Data area starting and end sector? :huh: So, I created an ISO from it. The read was too quick for my taste :) so I figured something was up. However, the size of the file was roughly on par with the listed format above. Over 3 GB. So, I mounted the image to see if there was data on it, but, Windows returned it was a "Blank CD" on the virtual drive! :angry:

So, what could possibly be up here? Is there actual data on the disc and there isn't a table of contents? Or what? The ISO read part is what gets me. Granted, I'm not an expert in this field :thumbup: but if it's reading something to the ISO and the ISO is in the 3 GB range, that would seem that there is data on the disc that I just can't get access to. So, is there a way to get to it? :D

Suggestion box is open. :)

Yeah, this situation was kind of odd. DVDInfo returned a disc size on the DVD, so, I figured there was data on it and used DVDI's ISO creation function to dump the disc to an ISO. Because it did read it, that made me think there may be actual data on it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.