pinki floyd

polopony

Yes, too bad about Syd. He was the founding member and force behind Floyd. Floyd has done well since he left in 69 or so. But the music he wrote and put out was the Floyd in the beginning. Apparently the song SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND was a tribute to him the remaining members wrote for the Wish You Were Here Album. I do have each and every album of Floyd, mostly on vinyl but quite a few CD's as their older albums were redone.

Nothing like listening to the ANIMALS album though with some snap,crackle, and pops, in the right frame of mind, laid back reminicing.............. :P:P:(:/

Shine On You Crazy Diamond... R.I.P. Syd..... :thumbup:

Great call on the Animals album kev, vinyl is best. Sad news, sounds like he may have had a bit of a troubled life after leaving Floyd, hopefully he was able to enjoy the quality of life being a member of PF surely endowed on him.

Hey Grain, I do like Floyd. Don't listen to it very much though anymore. Nothing like putting on the Animals or UmmaGamma Album and watch eyebrows raise from the younger crowd........... :lol::lol: . They're all scratching their heads wondering what the hell is playing while they watch some old geezer rock away............... :P:P:lol: Saw a couple of live concerts and it still blows me away!!! :shifty::thumbup:

Guess maybe with Syds passing its time to pull some old vinyl out and remember.......... :)

When i started work , i used to buy 2 or 3 LP's every week when i got paid , i would make cassette copies of them incase i scratched them .

now the cassettes dont work and the LP's still do.

i still prefer the sound of LP over cd

When i started work , i used to buy 2 or 3 LP's every week when i got paid , i would make cassette copies of them incase i scratched them .

now the cassettes dont work and the LP's still do.

I did the same and now have some LP's that play perfectly on a Technics 1200.I've always been meaning to put the LP's on CD with creative audigy software but something always has to be done first.One day' :lol: one day

Strange, vinyl was in, couldn't wait for cassettes, cassettes were in, couldn't wait for CD's, years go by and I love going back to listen to the records again....... :lol: , The Old Thorns turntable I have still works great and thank god the higher end THX receivers still come with phono imputs.

@db........ your certifyable mate.......... :lol::lol:

I agree. My buddy who put me back on vinyl, and also sold me his Rega Planar 2 turntable (nice little unit) when he decided he needed a $1200 turntable with a $900 cartridge!!, describes the sound as warmer, and I think that's a great way to say it. CD's can have a slightly metallic sound to them, but at the very least an album in good condition seems to create no "ear fatigue" like cd's can, which we don't even realize is happening after all these years of listening to digitally compressed music. Analog is still the shazba! It's dead when it comes to mainstream consumers though. Show a kid an album, explain that they need to clean it before and after each use, they have to get up and manually skip to the next song, or pause, and then show them a 40GB ipod and ask which they prefer, and you'll have your record back every time.

Useless trivia:

To the best of my knowledge, there still isn't a $25,000 DVD player out there, but there are several brand's of turntables that sell for more!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.