Having Trouble with Erasing all data on my DVD+RM

El poolio

Heres the log, please help!!!1

I 23:43:56 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 23:43:56 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 23:43:56 Total Physical Memory: 2,879,540 KB - Available: 1,665,336 KB

I 23:43:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:43:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:43:56 -> Drive 1 - Info: Slimtype DVD A DS8A4SH CA91 (D:) (SATA)

I 23:43:57 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 23:44:22 Operation Started!

I 23:44:22 Device: [2:0:0] Slimtype DVD A DS8A4SH CA91 (D:) (SATA)

I 23:44:22 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 23:44:22 Quick Erase: No

I 23:44:23 Format Properly: Yes

I 23:44:23 Format Size: Preferred

I 23:44:23 Erasing Disc...

E 23:44:23 Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Cannot Format Medium - Incompatible Medium

E 23:44:23 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:00

Well, there seems to be more going on that what's on the surface. Your drive is apparently returning that disc as a DVD+RW, but, I Googled to make sure and that Manufacturer ID, RITEK-F16-01, is DVD+R media. Which means you can't erase it. It's either blank or already has data on it. If it had data on it, there's no way to write to it.

Well, there seems to be more going on that what's on the surface. Your drive is apparently returning that disc as a DVD+RW, but, I Googled to make sure and that Manufacturer ID, RITEK-F16-01, is DVD+R media. Which means you can't erase it. It's either blank or already has data on it. If it had data on it, there's no way to write to it.

This is what it says when i oopen Computer:

DVD RW Drive(D:) Roxio 1

Then Underneath that, it says:

2.52 GB Free of 4.37

But When I open the disc to see what files are still on it, it says:

Disc Is Currently Empty, Drag Files to this Folder To Add Them To Disc

The Roxio part and the drag files to this folder part makes me think you have Roxio's DragToDisc active. That could interfering with how the drive is reported. Because it keeps seeming to me to be that the drive is returning the wrong media information. Either what you have is a DVD+R or a DVD+RW that is not returning the write media format.

Do you have another burner you can put the disc into and see what it returns?

The Roxio part and the drag files to this folder part makes me think you have Roxio's DragToDisc active. That could interfering with how the drive is reported. Because it keeps seeming to me to be that the drive is returning the wrong media information. Either what you have is a DVD+R or a DVD+RW that is not returning the write media format.

Do you have another burner you can put the disc into and see what it returns?

I'm almost positive i don't but its a chance. if i find one what should i do?

Are you initiating the erase or is the program doing it automatically?

If you're trying to do it, stop! (as has been said before, they're NOT rewritable discs). You can't erase what's on that one and should just use a new disc.

So i need to buy a new disc right?

If the program detects the disc isn't a known rewritable format (according to the drive anyway) or can't determine what type it is, it prompts the user and asks them to pick from a list.

That could be where the DVD+RW bit in the log is coming from.

So... if it's a DVD+R disc, the program will prompt the user. If the user then picks DVD+RW from the list, that's what the program will then try and use for the erase/format operation.

Yes.

But you didn't only buy one in the first place did you?! Normally they come on spindles of 10, 25, 50, 100.

If the program detects the disc isn't a known rewritable format (according to the drive anyway) or can't determine what type it is, it prompts the user and asks them to pick from a list.

That could be where the DVD+RW bit in the log is coming from.

So... if it's a DVD+R disc, the program will prompt the user. If the user then picks DVD+RW from the list, that's what the program will then try and use for the erase/format operation.

Yes.

But you didn't only buy one in the first place did you?! Normally they come on spindles of 10, 25, 50, 100.

No, this was the last one on the spindle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.