How To Burn A Segment in a Video

LoneSky

Hi guys, this Forum always seems to have a lot of real friendly people willing to help with their knowledge. I really hope someone can help with this.

I recorded a TV program using a DVD-R disc. Now, I'm only interested in a scene somewhere in the middle of the whole program. I would like to burn just that scene onto another DVD or at least be able to keep that scene (somebody's speech) on my hard-drive.

Can ImgBurn do that, or do I need another program? I'm sure this is something quite simple for most of you, even though I've never done it before.

Another thing: Some of the videos I've created with ImgBurn (in conjunction with FlickDVD) from video files (eg. wmv, mpeg4) in my PC have come out horizontal lines in the playback. Is this a problem to be solved with a filter? I went on another Forum to ask about this, & somebody there suggested I use AviSynth. I d/loaded & installed the 2.5 ver., but just couldn't figure out HOW to use it. I asked for help on that forum, but nobody offered any. Does ANYBODY here know how to solve that problem?

Thanxx v.much in advance!

ImgBurn is a burning tool. It will happyly burn whatever you throw to him but will not modify the files.

You need an authoring program to take out a portion of the video. You can use DVD Shrink in Re-author mode.

The black bars at top and bottom of the video is normal to compensate if the clips don't have standard resolution

If the original resolution of the video is not 720x576 PAL or 720x480 NTSC and the bars won't be added than the picture would look elongated on vertical.

• 1 month later...

THanxx for that. The "horizontal lines" problem was not consisting of black bars at the top & bottom of the video window. It was something completely different: they were more like horizontal "waves" of picture distortion when the subject in a video moves, ie. for example when a person's hand moves, the horizontal distortion is around the hand area, but not in the rest of the person's body if it is fairly stationary. So, anything in a video that moves will have this "horizontal lines" problem, that is, if that video has that problem. For reasons I don't understand, some vdeos I've burned onto a DVD have this problem, while others don't. Interestingly, when I play back the original video file (could be wmv or mpeg-4) in my PC (via Windows Media Player or Real Player respectively), that problem does NOT occur. This tells me the problem occurs because of something in ImgBurn. Does ANYONE have any clue where/how this problem comes about and the solution to that?

The other question I have here is very simple, and I believe many people here can help: How do I configure my settings here to notify me by e-mail when I do get an answer to my post here?

Thanxx again, guys,

Lone

The movement issue is due to the video being interlaced.

Proper TV's don't usually have a problem displaying interlaced content, the video will look perfectly smooth. Playing the files on a computer (monitor) is where you see the problem and it's down to the playback software to get rid of it (or at least attempt to).

None of that is anything to do with ImgBurn - which burns the files 'as-is' - i.e. they're identical on the hdd and the burnt disc.

As for the email issue, you have to subscribe to the thread and ask for instant notification. You can configure that to be your default option via something in your profile settings. Just take a look around, I'm sure you'll find it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.