Starts slow ends slow fast middle?

stylinred

Hi guys I've tried searching the issue but i don't know what to search for exactly and i get unrelated results so hopefully you can help me out

I have a Matshita(panasonic) UJ240AS ver1.01 BD burner

When i burn a BD-R DL disc (verbatim 50gb 4X) the burning process will start out @2X it will burn at this speed for the first 20% and from then on the burning speed will go up to 4X until about 80-82% and the speed will drop back down to 2X until the burning process completes

it's almost exact every time i burn so it leads me to believe that there's some sort of setting telling the burner to do so but i have no idea

Does anyone know if its possible to get my burner to burn @ the max speed for longer amounts of time than roughly 60% of the burn process?

Im currently using Imgburn 2.5.5.0 and the issue is the same in prior versions.

Thanks for your attention

Edited by stylinred

It could be perfectly normal for your drive to do that.

They go slow at the start and at the end because that's where it's burning to the inner tracks on the disc.

ImgBurn has nothing to do with what you're seeing here, it's purely a drive thing.

DVD+R DL discs do the same thing. They start at 4x then grow to 8x then drop back to 4x near the end of the burn. LiteOn drives sometimes do similar things to rewritable DVD's. 6x DVD-RW start at 4x then grow to 6x. 8x DVD+RW start at 6x then grow to 8x.

yeah i seem to recall that back when i used dvds but with BDs since there's so much information the time it allots to slowing down realllly increases the burntime, considerably

but i was hoping there was a setting somewhere that could change that

thanks for the help all

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.