Burned DVD wont play on DVDplayer

A19JFO

Probably depends on what "file" you burned. What was it? If it was a video file like an AVI, you only created a data DVD. The PC DVD player is probably designed to play both standard DVD Video discs and PC video file types. (One annoying thing those players often do is hijack the video file types extensions from what the PC previously had them set at. WinDVD used to NOT do it, but DOES with the latest 2011 version. Divx 8 does, too.) If by file, you mean you burned a DVD image file like an ISO, then, you'd have to check the contents of the disc in Windows Explorer and see if there's a folder called VIDEO_TS. If it's not there, then, a standalone DVD player definitely will most likely not play it. (Some players may be designed to play video files like Divx discs.) Also, are you sure your DVD player supports DVD+R discs?

I dont know what I've done, but I tried it again, and it works fine this time. It's a long process though. Twice as long as DVD Santa( When it works)! Thanks everybody, it looks as if I wasted your time, cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.