Force Bitsetting?

magic144

Lightning - is there a way to get ImgBurn to force DVD-ROM bitsetting all the time (like you can with the persistent drive settings in Nero) - I've noticed that every power or standby cycle, the DVD drive loses its setting and you have to manually reset the bitsetting thru ImgBurn again...

cheers for that

I've already stumbled across that utility

but I was wondering if it couldn't be incorporated into ImgBurn

another problem with that route (not a big issue) is that Standby would revoke the setting, so you'd have to reset the bitsetting manually after that

anyhoo - just wondering - is this issue specific to LG drives then? I presume on some drives you can actually do a permanent bitsetting

it would just be a "nice to have" since Nero does this - that's what I meant

well how does Nero know what to do, if you say that you want the default Book-Type setting to be DVD-ROM - does it depend on the writer? does it apply a change every time it attempts to write?

anyway, I was just wondering if (how) feasible it was - I can definitely do it manually when ImgBurn is such good value!

m

btw, almost exclusively DVD+R, though I've heard the Taiyo Yuden DVD-R line might be optimum - so no bitsetting there if I stray in future...

I guess that's one of the reasons everytime someone comes out with a new burner, nero has to upgrade it's software

And it's poor customers have to download about 30Mb of pure unadulterated CRAP!

Regards

you must shop somewhere with knowledgable employees!!!

I'm sure I would just get a lot of blank stares - even at a half-decent electronics outfit :-)

Thought this might help..

I think some drives have autoamtic bitsetting so next time you buy a drive ask them. Iam getting the Benq 1655 and it has all DVD+R disc bitsetted to DVD-ROM automatically.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.