Every image I try to load is invalid!!!

briansmccabe

Hello -

I have tried to load numerous disc images in this app, and with EVERY disc image I load, imgBurn tells me the img is invalid and / or unsupported. I know these images are good because they mount properly in my virtual CD drive and subsequently play back in whatever app I choose to run them in. Plus they can be burnt in other apps. I am having this problem with ISO, NRG and TOC images. Please help!!

I can't imagine an ISO would fail. An ISO should be 2048 / MODE1. Does the image have a valid filesystem? What is the disc supposed to play/be used in? What created the ISO?

If you can send me the first 5mb of the the image I'll examine it and tell you why it doesn't load.

An NRG one... quite possibly as ImgBurn only supports the most basic type and I don't actually have the specs for the NRG file format.

Never heard of 'TOC' images so I cannot comment on those.

I can't imagine an ISO would fail. An ISO should be 2048 / MODE1. Does the image have a valid filesystem? What is the disc supposed to play/be used in? What created the ISO?

If you can send me the first 5mb of the the image I'll examine it and tell you why it doesn't load.

An NRG one... quite possibly as ImgBurn only supports the most basic type and I don't actually have the specs for the NRG file format.

Never heard of 'TOC' images so I cannot comment on those.

Well, the NRG files I have tried to load are audio CD images I created in Nero. Is there a way to create an Audio CD image file in ImgBurn? If so, I will gladly do it (I tried to figure out how to do it but could not - everything wrote as data and not CD-compatible audio).

The ISO files I tried were ISOs generated by so-called "NRG-2-ISO converters" and these apps did not allow me to specify the filesystem. Regardless, I guess if the original NRG is no good, the ISO that was the result of a conversion would be no good as well.

I gave up on the TOC format since it's not widely accepted so I am no longer concerned about that one.

If ImgBurn cannot build audio CD images, could you perhaps recommend an app (preferably free) that can?

Thanks very much for your assistance -

Brian Mc

I can certainly attest that regular data NRG images work well in ImgBurn.

Regards

I second that..infact thanks to lgihting uk its the only one that works with a corrupt NRG. CUz Magic iso/nero are all gay prrograms that give same error but when you load it but with imgburn it autoamtically fixes the error after you burn it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.