Automatic Layer Break on DL DVD's

edwood

I have been working on archiving the old Perry Mason tv series (262 1 hour episoses). I am putting them on dual layer disks (8 episodes to a disk) to cut down on the number of disks needed. I am using DVD Flick to select, edit, and burn the disks. Quite often I set the disk to burn overnight so that I can free up my computer during the daytime for other uses.

Since ImgBurn is the program that DVD Flick uses for burning the disks, sometime during the overnight burn process ImgBurn pauses waiting on me to select the layer break position. It could be several hours before I get back to the computer to make the selection.

Does ImgBurn have a setting that allows for the program to automatically set the layer break on a dual layer DVD? When I purchased my new DVD DL burner, I received a copy of CyberLink Power2Go version 7 with the burner. That program does not ask for a layer break setting. It automatically creates its own setting. I found this out when I had a burn error on my old DVD burner. The vob files were already created, so I simply did a drag and drop of the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS files to CyberLink Power2Go. It created the DL DVD without a hitch.

It would be nice if ImgBurn could accomplish this feat as well.

Thanks for a good program. I look forward to the next version with more enhancements.

Ed

It could just do it automatically, but I won't make it do so.

ImgBurn is all about being able to control stuff yourself. Picking your own layer break position is just one of the things you have control over. No program can pick a LB position like a real human can (whereby the 'preview' feature can be used).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.