Installed IMGBURN but it won't start

pgloomis

I installed IMGBURN but everytime I try to start the program I get the hour glass like it is trying to start but nothing happens. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall but to no avail. Then I read somewhere that certain virus programs may not like the compression software so I turned off all my virus softaware and then tried to reinstall but I still can't get the program to start. What doesn't make any sense is that it has worked before on my laptop. I haven't changed anything so I'm at a lose.

Update I've since run a Virus scan with ESET Nod32 and a Malware scan with Malwarebytes then I removed IMGBURN with Revo Uninstaller Pro. I turned off all my Virus and Malware Sfotware and then installed the NoUPX version you provided. Unfortunately, the program still won't start I simply get the hour glass like it's thinking but nothing happen. FYI I'm running Windows XP Pro on a Lenovo SL510 with Intel Core Duo T6570.

Edited by pgloomis

Try the non compressed version to see if it makes a difference.

http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.7.0_NoUPX.exe

Sometimes it's a pain to make AV type programs totally turn off - and let's face it, you don't really want to be doing that anyway! You're better off adding ImgBurn.exe as an exception.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.